Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Contributor

Re: The many flavors of FICO:__Editions, versions, and variations

ooOOoo said:

I have seen it said elsewhere on the boards that the upgraded ScoreWatch score for TU is 08.  Is that correct, or is the sticky accurate that you still get FICO 98 when you buy your TU score?

ScoreWatch is a subscription credit monitoring service that only provides a FICO score from Equifax, not Transunion.  The FICO score provided by Scorewatch was recently changed from EQ-04 to EQ-08.

You can also buy a Transunion FICO score as a one-time purchase from MyFICO, but not as part of the ScoreWatch service.  My understanding is that the TU score you receive is FICO 98.

EQ-04 FICO__804__(from DCU)__inquiries = 0
EQ-08 FICO__826__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
EX-98 FICO__837__(from PSECU)__inquiries = 0
EX-08 FICO__813__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
TU-08 FICO__820__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
Oldest account 36 yrs / Newest account 2 years / Average age 12 yrs / Total accounts 10 / Accounts reporting balance = 2 / Util = 3%
Established Contributor

jello77 wrote:

ooOOoo said:

I have seen it said elsewhere on the boards that the upgraded ScoreWatch score for TU is 08.  Is that correct, or is the sticky accurate that you still get FICO 98 when you buy your TU score?

ScoreWatch is a subscription credit monitoring service that only provides a FICO score from Equifax, not Transunion.  The FICO score provided by Scorewatch was recently changed from EQ-04 to EQ-08.

You can also buy a Transunion FICO score as a one-time purchase from MyFICO, but not as part of the ScoreWatch service.  My understanding is that the TU score you receive is FICO 98.

No, not anymore - all three one-time MyFICO scores are now FICO 8.

EQ8:821 TU8:823 EX8:825 (MyFico) - 2015-02-14
Contributor

iv said:

all three one-time MyFICO scores are now FICO 8.

Many thanks for this info.

I revised the original post to include this recent change.

EQ-04 FICO__804__(from DCU)__inquiries = 0
EQ-08 FICO__826__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
EX-98 FICO__837__(from PSECU)__inquiries = 0
EX-08 FICO__813__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
TU-08 FICO__820__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
Oldest account 36 yrs / Newest account 2 years / Average age 12 yrs / Total accounts 10 / Accounts reporting balance = 2 / Util = 3%
Contributor

My Fico 8 scores are definitely higher than my Fico 4. I get score tracjer through my Cap1 card but they can't seem to tell me which version they are using.

BK7 Discharge 7/2014 Gardening til 9/2017 Fico 8 Mar '17 EQ: 631 EX: 647 TU: 643 Goal: 680 AAOA: 56mo INQ: 5
Valued Contributor

twanswife916 wrote:

My Fico 8 scores are definitely higher than my Fico 4. I get score tracjer through my Cap1 card but they can't seem to tell me which version they are using.

Cap1 provides your TU TransRisk score.  It is a FAKO.  It is the same score CreditKarma provides.  Although CK, does provide a Vantage score, too.

Cap1 used to provide your EQ-04 score on denial of CLI's, etc.  I am not sure if they still do.

New Visitor

So with there being so many versions, yet I can only purchase one of them, makes the one I purchase no more valuable than the FAKO scores I can purchase. The purchasable FICO score is for "educational purposes" as are the FAKO scores but costs considerably more. Thanks for educating me on this! I guess I should have figured it out since whenever I 've gotten a score reported to me by creditors has never been identical to the score I've purchased from FICO.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

Is it normal that my Nextgen (via penfed) is 724 while my average between the 3 scores here is 777?  It seems odd that since it has a broader range, that the score would be so much lower.  I was freaked out by the low score which is why I came here to check all of my scores.  I'm hoping whichever lender I use to purchase my next home in a few months doesn't use the nextgen!

[ Edited ]

dvdeat444 wrote:

Is it normal that my Nextgen (via penfed) is 724 while my average between the 3 scores here is 777?  It seems odd that since it has a broader range, that the score would be so much lower.  I was freaked out by the low score which is why I came here to check all of my scores.  I'm hoping whichever lender I use to purchase my next home in a few months doesn't use the nextgen!

Hardly anyone uses Nextgen and none of the mortgage underwriting I've ever been aware of did; they went from '96 straight to '04 on Equifax and similarly on Transunion, and stopped at '98 for Experian.

The one you're likely looking for isn't here either: double-check on Equifax's FICO (Scorepower) credit score product for Equifax Beacon 5.0 which the vast majority of mortgages are underwritten on; that will be your best and easiest method for getting a reasonable estimate as to where you are from a mortgage perspective.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 693, TU 4 742, EX 2 702, EQ 8 722, TU 8 757, EX 8 737 (5/13/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

My wife and I are in the process of securing financing for our new home, and during my pre-qualification I saw that my Equifax was about 26 points higher than what it was showing on MyFico.com, so I just assumed that it's using a different scoring model. I looked at the report the lender used and it says Classic V5. Is that the same as Beacon 5? Is it safe to assume MyFico.com uses V9? To get the best rate possible for my mortgage I need my middle score to be 740. When my lender pulled my report it was 735 (by MyFico showed 709). Recently I had a huge bump in my score on MyFico from 709 to 737. Logic would tell me that the one that my lender will pull again when we actually do the financing would now be higher as well (seeing how it was 735 when MyFico had me at 709 originally). I'm just curious if V5 is the same as Beacon 5 and wanted to confirm that MyFico.com uses V9.

Ex: 760
Tu: 752
Eq: 747
as of 12/2014

Valued Contributor

When describing FICO models, we usually refer to years such as 1998, 2004 and 2008. For mortgages, it’s generally EQ 04 (a.k.a. Classic V5 a.k.a. Beacon 5), TU 04 and EX 98. MyFICO is all 08 (v8). You said your EQ 04 is 735; what are your TU 04 and EX 98? Also, be sure the ranges are listed as 300-850.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.