Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The most widely used FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The most widely used FICO score

I'm curious what credit score(s) do lenders use most often? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: The most widely used FICO score

In my area, it seems that most creditors use EQ the most.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ isn't a score, it's a CRA.  While the OP didn't clearly specify, I was under the impression that he was looking for the most commonly used scoring model.  I could be wrong, though.

Each scoring model would then have 3 possible common scores, one from each bureau, EX, TU and EQ.

I would say that the most common FICO scoring model used is FICO 08, but it really depends on what type of credit you're talking about.  When looking into a mortgage, naturally Mortgage scores are used.  When looking for revolving credit, often Bankcard scores are used, etc.

Message 3 of 5
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ isn't a score, it's a CRA.  While the OP didn't clearly specify, I was under the impression that he was looking for the most commonly used scoring model.  I could be wrong, though.

Each scoring model would then have 3 possible common scores, one from each bureau, EX, TU and EQ.

I would say that the most common FICO scoring model used is FICO 08, but it really depends on what type of credit you're talking about.  When looking into a mortgage, naturally Mortgage scores are used.  When looking for revolving credit, often Bankcard scores are used, etc.

You are probably right, BBS.  My mind just automatically went there.  If that was infact their question, I really don't have an answer for that one.  Sorry

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree, actually I think FICO 8 classic is the dominant pull these days, probably by a large margin.

Bankcard isn't that common, certainly not as far as account reviews go (FICO open access all of I think 2 people offer Bankcard as a freebie vs. the legion of FICO 8 classic peddlers?) but I think the crux of the question is simply one cannot ever predict what will be pulled outside of very restricted things like the mortgage world... so make a pretty file and receive a pretty score regardless of algorithm chosen.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.