Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The people at MyFico are greedy.

tag
mrbuilder
Established Member

The people at MyFico are greedy.

So I called in asking about why my scores haven't updated to reflect what's in my bureau reports and I was told that in order to get the most accurate report, I would have to shell out an addtl $50 to update my reports...in addition to the $19.95 I pay monthly for the 3 bureau score watch.

I have had almost all of my collections drop off, as well as significant changes in util that haven't reported to the 3 bureau score watch.

It's starting to annoy me that my largest cards are reporting with the bureaus after I've already gotten a statement and paid the first bill, but not with MyFico.

I hate that FICO scoring is considered the gold standard, but they can't even update in a timely fashion.  The freebie FAKO sites update more frequently & accurately than MyFico and I don't even have to pay for that.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The people at MyFico are greedy.

+1

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

+2

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, when did you originally sign up for the 3B that they expect you to pay more money for an updated report. 

Message 4 of 7
dabo1502
New Contributor

I feel your pain! I have made two payments (and my third and final payment will be on 10/23/2014) and I received multiple EQ alerts, 1 Experian alert and NO TU alert despite being approved for a Diners Club with a $40K limit. I cancelled after that debited my 2nd payment; many of us were "hustled" with this service. Fico will loose many customers as a result of this charade. Too mad the "moderators" who have been long time lurkers are awfully silent (Relevate, Lexi, etc) on this issue. There silence is deafening....
EQ - 812 (CCT) 5/29/17 / EX- 819 (CCT) - 5/29/2017 / TU - 812 - 5/29(CCT) / Util - 2% / AA0A - 6 years, 8 months

Diners Club Prestige - $40K; Amex ED - $18K; Amex BCE - $5K; Chase CSP - $6K; Chase Freedom Unlimited- $8K; Chase IHG - $17K; Walmart MC - $7.6K; Discover - $12.9K; Merrick - $4850; Credit Care - $2.5K; Pay Pal - 5K; Macy's - $5.2K
Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@dabo1502 wrote:
I feel your pain! I have made two payments (and my third and final payment will be on 10/23/2014) and I received multiple EQ alerts, 1 Experian alert and NO TU alert despite being approved for a Diners Club with a $40K limit. I cancelled after that debited my 2nd payment; many of us were "hustled" with this service. Fico will loose many customers as a result of this charade. Too mad the "moderators" who have been long time lurkers are awfully silent (Relevate, Lexi, etc) on this issue. There silence is deafening....

What do you want me to say?

I'm not an employee of FICO.  

To reiterate: I'm not an employee of FICO.

I have absolutely no insight as to what's up here other than I'm likewise a 3B subscriber, and I get a lot more alerts from EQ but I do get a few from EX/TU but I need to go back and analyze that better.  To be honest, I expected this completely based on the way the product is setup... though the bureaus (specifically TU/EX) needed to get their poop in a group on this from what I could see but it appears to be working better now.

Anyway I've stated a couple times over on the General forum what I thought was up and what the product would be; so far I haven't seen anything which deviates from what I thought.

The only idea I hold differently than most people is I'm confident the bureaus are working on it; heck my Credit Sesame monitoring started working again, and I'll bet when I look at it the entries are likely line item identical to the EX 3B reports I'm now getting.  

If you care about scores, and you want credit monitoring, this is the best product in the industry even with the current problems.  If you don't care about scores but you want monitoring, likely CK/CS and then something like Scorewatch for EQ completeness, or drop the SW if you don't want to pay any money.  Or you can pick one of the FAKO monitoring peddlers in between but I don't see those as being relevant personally but others will have different opinions (I don't care about daily pulls, but my credit report has been stagnant for the past 2 years roughly).  I think the most important thing is if a service works for you, use it, if not, then don't.

Anyway different tiers of service based on what someone needs, with correspondingly different price strata as well.  If there's any constant in the consumer credit monitoring space, it will be change: namely, the products with the possible exception of EQ's offering are all in their comparitive infantcy (2 years or so at most) and will receive a non-trivial amount of attention.  Now that the market structure is changing, I think we'll start ot see more "real" (read: FICO scores that a lender might actually use) scores being pushed as a result of competition, and the prices will almost assuredly come down.  

I think those are all good things honestly.  

Was this launch perfect and pretty?  No, not even from my personal vantage point let alone all the user reports we've had on the forums; however, it doesn't all suck and it does fill a market need which was lacking previously.  Like any new product launch it'll go well or it'll be a mess.  Could it have been handled better than it was, almost assuredly, but in the current corporate culture any brand new software product is invariably going to come across bugs when launched: question is if they fix them or not... though compared to many launches I've seen both as an external consumer as internal to a company, this launch wasn't anywhere close to the worst I've seen, but it admittedly wasn't the best either.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude on it.

        
Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious, when did you originally sign up for the 3B that they expect you to pay more money for an updated report. 

I stumbled across this recently when I was looking through the product: figured it was an upsell thing which I resolutely ignored but it came up in an awkward place and I was a little unclear what was going on.

My understanding as a 3B user and also reading through the product mix:

If you just want the scores, you don't need to buy anything else: the scores will update.  Additional reports beyond the initial allocation are an additional cost.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.