Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things huritng my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Things huritng my score

Hello everyone

One of things hurting my score is the # of accounts open - even though majority have 0 zero bal - On about 25% of them I am just an autorized user - should I have myself taken off these?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Things huritng my score

Hi miagirl, welcome to the forums. I always suggest that every new member read credit scoring 101, if you haven't already done so.

There is not enough information for us to give an opinion. In general, it is better for your score to have less than 50% of your open accounts to show a balance.

If you don't mind, you can post back with some more particulars and details.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Just read 101

I am not sure how I can help myself

I currently have a 685 with EQ and 699 with EX

I have $79K between auto and student loan

and $27K in CC debt

of which $21K is because of AU ($15K is ok its a CC from 2000 the $6K is a CC from 2007)

I get 3 little flags hurting my credit

a public rcd (ch 7 from 2000)

bal too high (can't do too much about that)

too many accounts (41) but I noticed some of these are closed accounts even in good standing

I did the simulator to see if I removed the $6K it would go up but it does not really- not sure how accurate that is

There are about 7 cards which have 0 bal and I am AU - not sure if it would hurt or help to remove those

Thank you for any assistance or advise

I would like to bring my score to 720 and the simulator states the only way to do that is payoff 90% of debt - There has to be another way!!

Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

My opinion is that the AUs with $0 balance are helping. FICO scoring looks at both individual and overall util. What are the CLs on those two cards? The individual util on the two cards is probably what's kicking you in the tush. Get yourself off of those cards with the high balances, if the util is out of whack (>50%).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.