cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This credit scoring system is crap ! ! !

tag
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

Re: This credit scoring system is crap ! ! !

I don't care how many scores there are. If the lenders can buy them then we should be able to buy them also. What's so crazy about that. Hence the government action-- The consumer is entitled to full disclosure as to what scoring model the lender will use and also full access as to what  the consumers  score is before committing to a credit application.

Message 11 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I too of course would like to know if I'm likely to be approved or declined before actually applying, which brings up something that I have never really thought of. When a credit check is pulled on your credit report, is the score at that time for before or after the hard inquiry?

Message 12 of 14
Homeowner13
Valued Member

Your score is before the hit. I just bought a house in April and I did my FICO just before the bank and it was the same as the one they gave me. I know it was silly that I checked myself but I wanted to know exactly what my score was because I was close to the 760 range. 757 for both mine and the one from the bank. It actually took a couple of days for it to show up on my credit. I think 2 days.

Starting Score: 719
Current Score: 809
Goal Score: 825

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Right. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I had credit cards in mind.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.