Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This makes no sense - short credit history on EQ

tag
jrz123
Valued Member

This makes no sense - short credit history on EQ

Can someone explain why EQ would be reporting a Short Credit History, my oldest account is 22 years with average od 11 years. Is EQ really dinging me for that? The 22 years is a mix of mortgages, CC, Auto loans. Frustrated to say the least, I've been working very hard to achieve 750'ish.  Is this rebucketing perhaps ? Any insight will be most helpful as TU categorizing me in the very good range while EQ is good. Thanks Much!

Starting Score: EQ:630 TU:682 June 2012
Current: EQ:830
Goal: reached
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
nickf4rr
Established Member

Re: This makes no sense - short credit history on EQ

How many ACTIVE accounts do you have in your EQ file?  Do you know what your AAoA is in EQ?

EQ is weird, they are way better at reporting/recording some things fast, but historically a lot of things drop off of EQ faster than the others (especially Closed/Zero Balance Accounts...grrr...)

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
jrz123
Valued Member

11 Active accounts with an AAoA of 11 years. Thanks for any insight, a mystery for sure.

Message 3 of 7
jrz123
Valued Member

I'm starting to think like a FICO formula.. that's scary.. I may have the answer, the revolving or installment account I have kept a <4% utilization on is one that was opened in 2012.  I think I better buy a cup of coffee on a CC I opened in 1990 and let that report Smiley Wink .. that may solve the issue.

Message 4 of 7
nickf4rr
Established Member

From a "thinking what the computer is doing" standpoint--are those accounts active?  What's your UTI across the old accounts?

I'm guessing (and this is straight up guessing): 

• Zero Balances or very low UTI being modeled as "Zero Activity"  (They're catching up to sockdrawered cards!)
  • Unintentional factoring out of AUs (Does your DH or DW share these TLs?)
  • Mistaking a lack of inquiries/new account activity/etc over the past 7 years.  (Are you a double platinum diamond garden club member?)

However, odds are it is simply a glitch in the website translating your credit report.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
jrz123
Valued Member

Interesting..

From the 11 accounts only three have balances albeit very low balances.

Tradelines are solely mine.

One new auto loan in 2008

One CC in 2012

No other apps for any loans and I rarely use credit cards, in fact I am only carrying a balance on this one just for potential score jump but at this point its 4% util.

Maybe a glitch, I dunno I won't sweat it though.. will check back next month.

Thanks for the reply and the ideas... sure wish I had those magic algorithms lol

Message 6 of 7
nickf4rr
Established Member

Any baddies?  

How are you only in the high 600s with such a long history and such low UTI?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.