Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This stuff really works!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: This stuff really works!

@MidnightVoice wrote:

But I just sacrificed 7 points to get a 425% increase in my CL from Chase. Smiley Sad

But you can't say it wasn't worth it. You and fused both got the best bang-for-the-buck that I've seen in a while!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update:  Score is now 731 at 2 of the credit bureaus and 712 at the 3rd one.  It's been roughly 15 months since I started, back when the scores were all in the 680s.  Roughly 3 point gain every month.  Again, the only thing that I have done is to pay 90-98% of my credit card balances in full but never 100% so that something gets reported to the bureaus.  No inquiries have helped plus my credit reports say that I use less than 1% of all credit available to me...lol...such a game!  I don't think getting to 750 will be a challenge but maybe it gets harder.  Will check in again 6-7 months from now and see which way it went.  Cheers!
Message 12 of 26
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mpsp. How many cards are you allowing to report a balance each month?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ByrdMan, just 2, an AMEX and an AAdvantage MasterCard.  I could do 3 (Have a 16 year old Discover) but find that to be more of a nuisance and so far, I'm happy with the slow-but-sure progress.
Message 14 of 26
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. I ask because I tend to lose 10-20 points just from allowing the second card to report a balance. Just lost 11 points over the weekend for the same ($25.00 on the second card). I actually forgot I charged it. Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
Thanks. I ask because I tend to lose 10-20 points just from allowing the second card to report a balance. Just lost 11 points over the weekend for the same ($25.00 on the second card). I actually forgot I charged it. Smiley Sad

I have 5 major credit cards and 3 retail store cards.  If I show balances on 3 major credit cards, rather than 2, I'll lose about 8 points on my EQ score.  However, if I show balances on 2 major credit cards + 1 store card, I'll gain about a point. 
Message 16 of 26
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Psychic, what has your experience been when only allowing one of each to report?

Message 17 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

But I just sacrificed 7 points to get a 425% increase in my CL from Chase. Smiley Sad

But you can't say it wasn't worth it. You and fused both got the best bang-for-the-buck that I've seen in a while!
ye Gods - that was a year ago!!!!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
Psychic, what has your experience been when only allowing one of each to report?

I haven't tried that yet. 

My latest scores reflect only 1 major credit card balance showing--and that was only $7.  I have to get my Macy's card out of the sock drawer in a month or two, so maybe I'll let it show a balance. 

I usually only get dinged on EQ, because 3 of my major credit cards have credit limits over $30,000, and EX and TU don't consider these revolving credit. 

Message 19 of 26
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Obviously, the impact is different on your reports than it is for us mere mortals. I still would be interested to see if the effect is similar. I am still amazed at how insensitive your TU & EX reports are to anything. Those scores just don't ever seem to move.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.