Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Quick Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three Quick Questions

1) I have an old negative on my Experian that is set to drop off "December '09", that is my one and only neg (other than 3 hard pulls) on any of my three histories. Am I going to be re-bucketed (is my experian score going to drop especially because of the age of the old PID account)?

2) My oldest account is 16 years 9 months a student loan that was consistantly in deferment,  average age is 6 years. How will a lender see the deferments is this considered negative or positive?

3) Currently, 757 EQ 745 TU (no negative items on either) is there any correlation at all between FICO scores? I am trying to estimate what my EX score range would be because I know the Credit union I use will be pulling my EX report and score

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Three Quick Questions

You don't have any negatives other than the late, which at that age is really weak. Inqs aren't negatives; they're just inqs.

If your util is under control, you might well see your scores stay the same or increase. Generally, those whose scores drop when the last negative falls off are those who are just barely up into the next-highest age bucket, or who have high util; that sort of thing.

When you're in a new score bucket, you're being compared to those you've just joined. As long as you don't have high util and other issues, I think you'll be OK. 6y AAoA/ 16y oldest is a reasonable age pairing. I have 4y AAoA/ 21y oldest, and that's a bit ugly. Smiley Very Happy

I don't think that CC lenders are going to pay attention to deferred student loans. They're a fact of life for many people in their 20s and 30s these days. Might be different for a mortgage or car loan, where they want to know how much of your income is tied up in other fixed debt.

In my case, my TU and EX FICO's tended to stay close to one another, mainly because EQ hit me harder for my lates. It depends a lot on how similar your EX report is to the other two. The cleaner the reports (which yours will be), the closer the scores generally are.

But since all three CRA's commissioned different formulas from FICO, the same info gets crunched slightly differently, resulting in different scores. I've seen a few times where a member had two scores matching, but I honestly don't remember seeing all three the same. hth

Congrats on the nearly-clean history!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
You don't have any negatives other than the late, which at that age is really weak. Inqs aren't negatives; they're just inqs.

If your util is under control, you might well see your scores stay the same or increase. Generally, those whose scores drop when the last negative falls off are those who are just barely up into the next-highest age bucket, or who have high util; that sort of thing.

When you're in a new score bucket, you're being compared to those you've just joined. As long as you don't have high util and other issues, I think you'll be OK. 6y AAoA/ 16y oldest is a reasonable age pairing. I have 4y AAoA/ 21y oldest, and that's a bit ugly. Smiley Very Happy

I don't think that CC lenders are going to pay attention to deferred student loans. They're a fact of life for many people in their 20s and 30s these days. Might be different for a mortgage or car loan, where they want to know how much of your income is tied up in other fixed debt.

In my case, my TU and EX FICO's tended to stay close to one another, mainly because EQ hit me harder for my lates. It depends a lot on how similar your EX report is to the other two. The cleaner the reports (which yours will be), the closer the scores generally are.

But since all three CRA's commissioned different formulas from FICO, the same info gets crunched slightly differently, resulting in different scores. I've seen a few times where a member had two scores matching, but I honestly don't remember seeing all three the same. hth

Congrats on the nearly-clean history!

Hi hauling...I've been surprised lately as to how alike my EQ and TU scores are (and they're both current)...and my husband's EQ and TU actually match right now. His TU will likely change when he gets his new Quarterly Monitoring report soon.

I'd love to know what our EX scores look like. Who knows...we might have triplets!

ETA: When I wrote this, my DH's EQ and TU were twins for a fleeting moment. It didn't take long to change, and now they vary by about 7 points.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 11-22-2009 04:53 AM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DTI is 18% currently. I am carrying one credit card which has not reported because I havent used it.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, PS it is for an auto loan.

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

irish_guy wrote:
My DTI is 18% currently. I am carrying one credit card which has not reported because I havent used it.

DTI (monthly debt payment divided by monthly income) is typically used for mortgages and other installment loans.

Did you mean util? (reported revolving debt divided by revolving credit limit)?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

0% of a new (oct. 2009) 2000 credit limit. I never use credit if I can use cash

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.