Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time of first late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time of first late

I have a Public record that shows up on TU and EX that says it was recorded 08/2002 which means it would come off 08/2009. But shouldn't it be from first date of delinquency which would be like 01/2000.

Or is it from the date of filing of Public record which I cannot get off my record.

Fortunate it does not show on EQ.

Also I have 2 collections from a hospital doctor that have been paid since 02/2005 but it shows a status date or balance date of 10/2007. Does this mean I am taking a hit because it looks like I just paid it off?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Time of first late

Depends on the type of public record.  Tax liens, for example, stay 7 years from the date you paid in full.

Regarding your paid CA accounts, it depends on what the status says actually.   If it says you are paid, you're fine.  If they are continuing to keep the status as '60 days late' etc when they report each month that is not good.  In any event you should GW those 2 accounts if you have not.  Repeat every 6-8 weeks until they remove or it drops on its own.

If you believe that the reporting is inaccurate, dispute it  There is always a possibility that it will be deleted.  Caution on disputing an account where the TL shows better than what actually happened... a dispute can backfire and report with worse (and accurate) info.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 12-18-2007 04:11 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, this is a BG&E bill that I had them put in a central air system and it caused the furnace not to work in the winter. so I fought and fought but they would not take it out or fix. So I get stuck with a 2,800.00 bill for something that never worked right. But the first late was early 1999.

Anyway, if it is not a tax issue should it come off from date of first late? Where can I find the answer.

Also the CA says Paid which they have been since 02/2005, so should I leave those alone and just GW them?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

What type of public record was this, a judgement?  There is only one entry on this on TU and EX?  From what you are saying, it sounds like a regular paid collection which you would GW so I am not understanding why it is falling under Public Records unless you were sued.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the Judgement was a Lawsuit.

But is it 7 years from the first late payment that started this or is it 7 years from lawsuit date?

I am hoping 7 years from first late payment that lead to lawsuit.

If it is 7 years from date of first late payment than it should come off.

Although, like I said it is not on Equifax so maybe let it die of natural causes. Would hate for it to come back on Equifax.  
Message 5 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Civil and small claim judgments don't drop till seven years from the date the judgment was filed... so I'm guessing that might be the 8/2002 date but you can verify that.

You could try to get it off earlier if you wanted to but it's not as easy as just sending off a GW letter to the CA...  thought you could start there... but I agree that with it coming off in 20 months you might want to consider leaving it alone.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is not hurting my FICO than you are probably right. Let it just die of natural causes, it could backfire.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

zman wrote:
If it is not hurting my FICO than you are probably right. Let it just die of natural causes, it could backfire.

Thanks.

Oh it's hurting your FICO.  That's a major derog but it is old so that's good.  You should see a score increase when this drops... how much depends on your total profile. 

If it were me I'd leave it alone too unless I had a major purchase coming around soon.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.