Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing of Delinquency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timing of Delinquency

I have a delinquency from a red-light ticket that was mailed to an old address. I paid it off immediately once notified. I went from 750+ to 660. My credit record was great but for that. How long before I see noticeable improvement in my score? Will it go up monthly, how about after a year?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Timing of Delinquency

Welcome to the forums!

If this is a collection agency that is reporting, then the damage will fade over time over the full 7 yrs that it reports (well roughly 7 yrs from when you got the ticket), and can impact your FICO score to the very end. You probably wouldn't even notice the changes over time but I bet it'll impact you 40+ up  to the very end.

Now you can get it off early. If this is a collection, you'd want to send a goodwill letter to the collection (Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.) and make a mention that it was paid and that you are asking for goodwill in having it deleted. It might work and they might delete right away thereby causing your FICO score to rebound.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.