Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips On Credit Profile

tag
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

Tips On Credit Profile

Hello, hoping to get some advice on my credit profile and some guidance with the best way to move forward. I recently made some major changes to my reports and expect big swings in scores as the changes are reported. I feel like if I am going to add any new cards now may be the best time to apply while my scores are at the top considering my AAOA.

Honestly I am totally content with my four open accounts and really don't want to manage more then three cards at this time unless there is an advantage in doing so. I don't want to have a 'thin file' so I am open to adding one or two more cards if needed.

Open

TD Bank Card- 5,000 open March 2014

Amex- 15,000 open December 2015

Discover- 11,600 open December 2015

Mortgage- 100 percent utilization open May 31st 2016 (not on reports yet)

Closed

SDFCU Secured Card

Open Sky Secured Card

SDFCU Secured Loan

Allinat Secured Loan (not reported closed on my reports yet, reported as 9 percent utilization)

INQS-

Experian 4

Equifax 3

Trans 2

AAOA- about 16 months once everything gets reported (down from about 18 months before the new mortgage).

Scores-

Experian 777

Equifax 776

Trans 779

Thanks in advance for any tips and shared knowledge. I appreciate the community.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Tips On Credit Profile

@Gardenhand wrote:

Hello, hoping to get some advice on my credit profile and some guidance with the best way to move forward. I recently made some major changes to my reports and expect big swings in scores as the changes are reported. I feel like if I am going to add any new cards now may be the best time to apply while my scores are at the top considering my AAOA.

Honestly I am totally content with my four open accounts and really don't want to manage more then three cards at this time unless there is an advantage in doing so. I don't want to have a 'thin file' so I am open to adding one or two more cards if needed.

Open

TD Bank Card- 5,000 open March 2014

Amex- 15,000 open December 2015

Discover- 11,600 open December 2015

Mortgage- 100 percent utilization open May 31st 2016 (not on reports yet)

Closed

SDFCU Secured Card

Open Sky Secured Card

SDFCU Secured Loan

Allinat Secured Loan (not reported closed on my reports yet, reported as 9 percent utilization)

INQS-

Experian 4

Equifax 3

Trans 2

AAOA- about 16 months once everything gets reported (down from about 18 months before the new mortgage).

Scores-

Experian 777

Equifax 776

Trans 779

Thanks in advance for any tips and shared knowledge. I appreciate the community.

Sounds to me like you're in totally good shape.

All you need now is time + paying down your mortage.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Tips On Credit Profile

I would agree. It does not seem like you need to do much else. You look to be in very good shape.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.