cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To mods. Request to make a FICO 08 sicky for updates when it will hit each CRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To mods. Request to make a FICO 08 sicky for updates when it will hit each CRA?

I and probably others are probably asking if things change month to month. I know I have things I want to do before FICO 08 hits but don't want to do them until last minute so I have more time. With a sticky thread I could keep an eye on it for updates. Unless there is a set date then that would be cool to post too.

Thanks !!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: To mods. Request to make a FICO 08 sicky for updates when it will hit each CRA?

Well, the problem is that it could literally take years! We hear whispers that EX is offering it to lenders, but it can't be bought by consumers. The other two haven't even started yet. It will take each individual lender deciding to switch from a known quantity to something brand new, and the financial industry is not quick to change anything, especially when they're in a mess like they are today.

In addition, myFICO has always used the scoring versions used by most lenders, until a newer one is used by 50% or more. This means that myFICO is still using the 1998 version of the TU score, and it's only now transitioning over to the "new" TU2004. (And we're halfway through 2008.)

I don't know how anyone can do a countdown when the launch time (and launch year) is completely unknown...

I'm curious, what would anyone do differently if they knew that, guaranteed, no doubt about it, FICO08 would start be used on September 1, for instance, by every single lender in America? And it's more likely that we'd be commuting to work wearing jet packs than for that to happen.

I'm not fussing; it's just that we've been pulling our collective hair out for a year now, anticipating and worrying over this, and we're all kinda bald and exasperated. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: To mods. Request to make a FICO 08 sicky for updates when it will hit each CRA?

IMHO I think people should just keep doing what they are doing to improve their credit.  Keep util low, pay of time, limit new credit, and pay on time, etc.  If I was an AU, I would start weaning off of it. 
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to add an AU but not until I have done all that I can do on my own. Wanted to make sure I had enough time for all this to happen. But my goal is 2009 and it seems that's FICO 08 is unlikely to be used before from this post. All good then. Smiley Happy Thank you.
Message 4 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ilovepizza wrote:
I wanted to add an AU but not until I have done all that I can do on my own. Wanted to make sure I had enough time for all this to happen. But my goal is 2009 and it seems that's FICO 08 is unlikely to be used before from this post. All good then. Smiley Happy Thank you.

If you add someone as an AU to one of your cards FICO 08 won't make a difference, as far as I can tell
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

If you add someone as an AU to one of your cards FICO 08 won't make a difference, as far as I can tell

Exactly. I wanted my AU posted before 08 is used. It would answer exactly how many age points I'm missing. Smiley Wink Educational reasons.
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Exactly. I wanted my AU posted before 08 is used. It would answer exactly how many age points I'm missing. Smiley Wink Educational reasons.

I suppose you're too far off the curve to get a decent prediction from the score estimator? (not simulator)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

marty56 wrote:
IMHO I think people should just keep doing what they are doing to improve their credit.  Keep util low, pay of time, limit new credit, and pay on time, etc.  If I was an AU, I would start weaning off of it. 

I agree! And you do stress paying on time, this will be the same no matter the scoring model.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.