Established Member

To pay off collectors or not

If I consistently ask for PFD's and they dont remove, at what point should I just pay it? How much would it effectly my score, would I get a big boost from it? Have you guys been able to get stuff deleted through disputes after paying the collector, and what have your success rates been?

Here are my scores:

Transunion: 448
Equifax: 479
Experian: 498

Cheers!

Steve
Established Member

Re: To pay off collectors or not

No one knows?
Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]
In general -paying CA's will update the last reported date -thus making it look more recent, lowering the score.

Sometimes trying to work with the OC can give you success-

The one good thing about paying is it can NOT be sold again-

Message Edited by Timothy on 10-11-2007 06:05 AM
Senior Contributor

What reasons do they give you for refusing to work with you?

If you are offering to pay the account that's in collection in full, in exchange for deleting the baddie off your cr, I dont understand why they aren't responding in your favor.

Perhaps some details of the accounts in collection will help. How long have they been in collection?

I've had success with PFD's, as many here have.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.