Dustink
Valued Contributor

Today's Credit Karma Update

Credit Score:   Your Score: Change:

1. TransRisk Credit Score 667-76
2. Auto Insurance Score 7510
3. VantageScore 782+23
Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Today's Credit Karma Update

That is a crazy scoring model...It says my utilization went down 8% causing the score change.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

I've tracked numerous examples of changes like that with the additional info that the actual TU FICO did not change at all.

The information on the accounts at CK is fine but the scores are just nonsense.

Message 3 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I bet my TU FICO actually went up.

Message 4 of 6
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

I don'tnow that they are nonsense so much as they are just not FICO.   In my own case my CK TransUnion score has been steady for months but my TU FICO score recently took a serius dip when I hit certain milestones in my debt repayment program .  CK is a place to monitor cahnages in your report.  the scores are accurate I suppose but you should bever assume any correlation with FICO>

Message 5 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I pull Credit Karma every so often for data, but the scoring system is nothing to write home about. I've got As across the board except for one C because I don't have a real lot of trade lines. You might get the feeling that this direction of Credit Karma is encouraged by sponsors, whose business depends on how much you spend.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.