Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Many Accounts

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Too Many Accounts

From my TU report yesterday. 3rd negative reason. FICO High Achievers have an average of 6 accounts paying as agreed. TU went to 30 accounts this month with the addition of a new credit card. Negative reasons went from 2 to 3 score actually went back up letting 2 balances report rather than 1 other than installment(s).
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Too Many Accounts

That "too many accounts" thing seems to be without teeth, doesn't it?

Interesting that TU wanted one additional account with a balance. Truly, they are mysterious.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

A few weeks ago TU suddenly decided I had too many accounts, and took away 30 points.  There have been no new accounts this year, my score had been stable for months, they just decided that a change was in order
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:
A few weeks ago TU suddenly decided I had too many accounts, and took away 30 points.  There have been no new accounts this year, my score had been stable for months, they just decided that a change was in order

Wow, then I take back what I said about it being a warning without teeth! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Wow, then I take back what I said about it being a warning without teeth! Smiley Surprised

And that is with a total of 21 accounts on TU
Message 5 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
That "too many accounts" thing seems to be without teeth, doesn't it?

Interesting that TU wanted one additional account with a balance. Truly, they are mysterious.

In the public record bucket Hauling that seems to be what they want. In another bucket I hear they don't care as much.
Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have no baddies whatsoever.  And I did nothing whatsoever.  Then suddenly - 30 point drop annd the new comment "too many accounts"
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many accounts - No explanation. Was this when you hit the 20 yr age mark?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-02-2008 03:39 PM
Message 8 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ilovepizza wrote:
Too many accounts - No explanation. Was this when you hit the 20 yr age mark?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-02-2008 03:39 PM

Nope - oldest account 20 years and 10 months when it happened, average age 6 years (ish)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.