mackinjack2

Too big of a scoring Gap

Hello.  My score on this site shows me at 695. Good right ? No!! My  credit union did a pull today for a credit card and denied me. My Equifax score is 639. I only needed a 650 to qualify.  There is to big of a gap between reality (639 EQ) and fantasy (695 myFICO) for me to justify paying this monthly fee. I thank you all for the great info and inspiration, but I think I going to cancel .

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Too big of a scoring Gap

Did you buy a new report from myFICO on the same day your lender pulled your report? Scores can change daily. and by that much in some situations.

Are you certain your lender pulled a Classic, non-industry specific score? Many CC issuers use a CC-enhanced FICO which can't be purchased from anywhere.

mackinjack2

Re: Too big of a scoring Gap

It was for a MasterCard.  The report was done by  CSC, Houston Tx. I don't know what scale they use. My credit score doesn't change much due to my low useage. I have  a $6 balance on a $300 Wells Fargo secured card. Mortgage is the only monthly expense. Maybe i'll just increase that limit to offset inquiry point drop or keep paying cash for everything .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+