cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too big of a scoring Gap

tag
mackinjack2

Too big of a scoring Gap

Hello.  My score on this site shows me at 695. Good right ? No!! My  credit union did a pull today for a credit card and denied me. My Equifax score is 639. I only needed a 650 to qualify.  There is to big of a gap between reality (639 EQ) and fantasy (695 myFICO) for me to justify paying this monthly fee. I thank you all for the great info and inspiration, but I think I going to cancel .

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Too big of a scoring Gap

Did you buy a new report from myFICO on the same day your lender pulled your report? Scores can change daily. and by that much in some situations.

Are you certain your lender pulled a Classic, non-industry specific score? Many CC issuers use a CC-enhanced FICO which can't be purchased from anywhere.

Message 2 of 3
mackinjack2

Re: Too big of a scoring Gap

It was for a MasterCard.  The report was done by  CSC, Houston Tx. I don't know what scale they use. My credit score doesn't change much due to my low useage. I have  a $6 balance on a $300 Wells Fargo secured card. Mortgage is the only monthly expense. Maybe i'll just increase that limit to offset inquiry point drop or keep paying cash for everything .

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.