Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many inquiries

My FICO score just dropped due to too many inquires.  My wife and I both have car leases that just expired and we both had to get new leases (2 inquiries).  We are refinancing our primary residence and one of our rental properties to take advantage of lower rates (2 more inquiries).  We just purchased vacation property (another) and purchased new furniture for our house (another).  All of these financial transactions required inquires for our credit.  How can we live normal lives without damaging our credit score???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too many inquiries

Paeonian wrote:
My FICO score just dropped due to too many inquires.  My wife and I both have car leases that just expired and we both had to get new leases (2 inquiries).  We are refinancing our primary residence and one of our rental properties to take advantage of lower rates (2 more inquiries).  We just purchased vacation property (another) and purchased new furniture for our house (another).  All of these financial transactions required inquires for our credit.  How can we live normal lives without damaging our credit score???

Hi Paeonian! Welcome aboard!

The damage to your credit scores for INQs really is minimal when there's any damage at all. What really hurts you is the new accounts that lower your AAoA, and possibly new balances that affect your debt/credit ratio. Your FICO score is designed to weigh risk. If you've got new/increased debt today, then you might be viewed as little more risky than you were yesterday. As those accounts age, and the balances decrease, your score will rise.

The only way to avoid this score ebb and flow is to pay with cash.

Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

inquires report for 2 years, but only counted the first year.

So maybe try to space out your inquries, so they don't all hurt at the same time.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just have to smile!  TWO new car leases, refi'ing a primary residence AND a rental property, PLUS purchasing (another) vacation property AND purchasing new furniture does not equate to NORMAL!!!!!  But it does sound like a lot of fun - congrats on your many fruitful activities!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.