Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took a 30pt hit on TU and EX

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Took a 30pt hit on TU and EX

Just lost 28-30 pts on both my TU and EX fico scores...(not FAKO)

Know some of the reasons but wondering if/when ill get them back...

All but one card PIF 

My Secure Share Loan dropped off my reports but the replacement hasn't yet appeared on my reports <----

(though i have made the lump repayment back on it already)

Opened up an Amazon Prime Visa a month or so ago <----

Paid off my 0% balance with Chase (right before i apped)

6% utilization total

Didn't quite expect that much of a hit...

Any guesses as to when ill see any of this back?

-J

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Took a 30pt hit on TU and EX

30 points is not unusual for the paid off  loan hit.  You will likely get it all back when the new loan reports if you are doing the 90% paid off secured loan thing

Message 2 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:

30 points is not unusual for the paid off  loan hit.  You will likely get it all back when the new loan reports if you are doing the 90% paid off secured loan thing

Caught me a bit offgard...

Going from 750s-760s to 730s was a bit of a shock/panic.... 

Thought i had enough TLs to buffer it a bit better than that.. I dont have a thick file... 

So now the wait for alliant to report...

Hoping it made it for this month....

-J

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has 100% to do with the lack of a current installment loan present.  You'll get back the points as soon as your new SSL reports.  In the future it's advisible scoring wise to have your new loan report a cycle or so before you eliminate the existing one.  That slight overlap will prevent the 25-30 point score drop.  Of course, if you aren't applying for credit or anything it's not a major deal as the points will come back as quickly as they vanished.

Message 4 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This has 100% to do with the lack of a current installment loan present.  You'll get back the points as soon as your new SSL reports.  In the future it's advisible scoring wise to have your new loan report a cycle or so before you eliminate the existing one.  That slight overlap will prevent the 25-30 point score drop.  Of course, if you aren't applying for credit or anything it's not a major deal as the points will come back as quickly as they vanished.

I was going to take another hit on the Discover pipe sometime in March... eh. ill wait for it ....

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean, a CLI request?  The points lost from the lack of a current installment loan IMO wouldn't impact anything you do with Discover. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.