Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally lost

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally lost

As to why I was just received an alert on my fico that an inquiry has been detected on my trans Union, yet no score change. I was alerted to 4 on my Experian report and had points deducted. Not complaining, but confused as to what's going on.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Totally lost

Not all inquiries produce a score change. It depends on how many you have, how old your accounts are probably other factors that are all part of FICO's secret sauce. An alert happens becuase of specific events like balance changes, inquiries, or new accounts. FICO changes themselves do not generate alerts and some things that generate alerts may not change your FICO score.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So in other words, I didn't take a bit for the inquiry? Lol
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit not bit
Message 4 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yup!  An additional inquiry while always a negative can be zero damage to your score.

        
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!!!! Weird cause ck deducted points for it.
Message 6 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Awesome!!!!! Weird cause ck deducted points for it.

Nah, CK != FICO.  AFAIK VantageScore also scores on a step function just a different one, nobody has really done much granular testing on Vantage to date that I'm aware of.

        
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, one more question. When these accounts get added to my report, will I see a score increase or decrease? New cards equal 9,200.
Message 8 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you, one more question. When these accounts get added to my report, will I see a score increase or decrease? New cards equal 9,200.

I don't know your file well enough to predict that with any degree of accuracy Smiley Happy.

In general new accounts are a negative, if they reduce your AAOA you'll take a ding, or if you don't have other new accounts on there already you may take a ding.  

On the flipside if it materially changes your revolving utilization calculation in aggregate, or maybe a smaller one on number of tradelines with balances, then you can get a bump.  

Mix of credit is probably a wash since I assume you have credit cards (revolving tradelines) already on your file.

        
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have balences on all my cards some are small like 35 dollars some are 300. My util now is 9% aaoa 3 years
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.