Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally lost

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Totally lost

@Anonymous wrote:
I have balences on all my cards some are small like 35 dollars some are 300. My util now is 9% aaoa 3 years

Likely a negative in that case; fix your balances beforehand next time you apply though Smiley Happy.

        
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn it. Lol
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought, but you could have actually lost some points for the inquiry, but right around the same time, gained the same amount due to other factors netting zero change overall. Myfico doesnt alert every time your score moves. I have seen score increases from "new address alerts" lol
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did have a cli from discover. Hmm
Message 14 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a thought, but you could have actually lost some points for the inquiry, but right around the same time, gained the same amount due to other factors netting zero change overall. Myfico doesnt alert every time your score moves. I have seen score increases from "new address alerts" lol

Possible but not every inquiry counts against you linearly, it was a step function in FICO 04 from all anecdotal data, don't think that changed based on some limited testing under FICO 8.

        
Message 15 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So in other words, I didn't take a bit for the inquiry? Lol

Something nothing at all. Sometimes big. more factors involved than just the inquiry. So say you did not take a hit for the inquiry. you might take a hit once the new account is added. its always 2 fold.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.