Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade Line Deleted, Good or bad?

tag
JayDilla
Valued Member

Trade Line Deleted, Good or bad?

I had a old metabank indigo credit card. Had it for about 3 years and closed it. During that 3 year span i missed like 6 or 7 payments......i disputed the latepayments with experian and they deleted the trade line. I think thast was because indigo cards dont exist anymore. But i lost 3 years of credit history was the deletion a good thing?

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trade Line Deleted, Good or bad?

Look at it this way, baddies are gone. I rather have a thin file than have blemishes.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 2 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ihatemyscore wrote:

Look at it this way, baddies are gone. I rather have a thin file than have blemishes.

+1

Long term, which is really the only way to plan for credit scoring in my opinion, this is absolutely right.

Short-term, it might be a small penalty but solving a thin file issue takes a year give or take (establish accounts, let them and the inquiries age for 6-12 months); negative payment history takes a lot longer to resolve in the time domain.

        
Message 3 of 6
JayDilla
Valued Member

Since Experian deleted the trade line i just disputed it with TU to see what they will do...investigations usually take 30 days but when i did my with experian they deleted the TL in 3 days hoping it goes like that with TU

Message 4 of 6
JayDilla
Valued Member

Thought I would give an update with my Transunion dispute. Since I had luck disputing with experian I'd try disputing the lates on TU as well. Well TU did something a little different they deleted the Trade Line as well. They also deleted a Verizon collection i had for 100 that was paid that was only a year old. Not sure why they did that but I won't complain. Got a 16 point bump from the 2 account deletions. Off to equifax.

Message 5 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@JayDilla wrote:

Thought I would give an update with my Transunion dispute. Since I had luck disputing with experian I'd try disputing the lates on TU as well. Well TU did something a little different they deleted the Trade Line as well. They also deleted a Verizon collection i had for 100 that was paid that was only a year old. Not sure why they did that but I won't complain. Got a 16 point bump from the 2 account deletions. Off to equifax.

Fair warning...

While the accounts may have been removed, it is possible they will reappear.

I hope you get to keep them off, but many come back complaining how the accounts are back and scores went tumbling down again.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.