cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tradelines Reporting Before Cards Received!

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Tradelines Reporting Before Cards Received!

Three new Tradelines from apps in January reporting before I even received the cards! 

Merrill Lynch reporting as BofA account, got the (wrong) card the same day that the TL reported, called them up, awaiting a replacement (correct) card.  No change in scores (FICO)

Chase Slate Visa reporting already, 5 days after approval, and before the card even arrives.  3 point drop in score (FICO)

IberiaBank Select VIsa also reporting as of today, still waiting for card to arrive!  1 point drop in score (FICO)

All of these were notices from SW, as well as direct from the Experian site.  No change whatsoever at EX site with 3 new TL.  Yup, it's a FAKO, but I expected a bit of a downward bump.  But nada happened! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tradelines Reporting Before Cards Received!

@thom02099 wrote:

Three new Tradelines from apps in January reporting before I even received the cards! 

Merrill Lynch reporting as BofA account, got the (wrong) card the same day that the TL reported, called them up, awaiting a replacement (correct) card.  No change in scores (FICO)

Chase Slate Visa reporting already, 5 days after approval, and before the card even arrives.  3 point drop in score (FICO)

IberiaBank Select VIsa also reporting as of today, still waiting for card to arrive!  1 point drop in score (FICO)

All of these were notices from SW, as well as direct from the Experian site.  No change whatsoever at EX site with 3 new TL.  Yup, it's a FAKO, but I expected a bit of a downward bump.  But nada happened! 

That is completely shocking that the postal service isn't faster than the electrons in the internet!

Smiley Surprised

Oh wait, no it's that other thing - completely believable and expected.

Smiley Happy

My DCU account showed my 10K available balance on the new credit line within seconds of me clicking the "accept" button.  It did take a couple of days to get the card in the mail.

All kidding aside, I would expect the CCC's to send out immediate updates to the CRA's for a new TL.  Wouldn't do to let someone rack up multiple credit cards within the month without new applications being able to see the increased risk of the new lines.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 2 of 3
nolongeraneqaddict
Valued Member

Re: Tradelines Reporting Before Cards Received!

Within the last week I applied for CSP, Chase Freedom, Chase Marriott Rewards, and AMEX BCE. I have been using CitiCard's identity watch and as I was apping for the first card within minutes my phone buzzed with an email identifying me that a new line had been reported. They are definently quick with reporting things, at least at Chase!

START (01/13):TU: 701 | EQ: 692 | EX: 706
CURRENT: TU: 739 (FICO 5/13) | EQ: 711 (FICO 2/13) | EX: 725 (PLUS 5/13) in the garden since 3/9/2013
GOALS: 750 by 01/14
Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier | Chase Freedom | Chase Slate | AMEX Blue Cash Everday | Citi Dividend |
Citi Simplicity | USAA Rewards | Walmart Discover |
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.