Valued Contributor
thom02099

Tradelines Reporting Before Cards Received!

Three new Tradelines from apps in January reporting before I even received the cards! 

Merrill Lynch reporting as BofA account, got the (wrong) card the same day that the TL reported, called them up, awaiting a replacement (correct) card.  No change in scores (FICO)

Chase Slate Visa reporting already, 5 days after approval, and before the card even arrives.  3 point drop in score (FICO)

IberiaBank Select VIsa also reporting as of today, still waiting for card to arrive!  1 point drop in score (FICO)

All of these were notices from SW, as well as direct from the Experian site.  No change whatsoever at EX site with 3 new TL.  Yup, it's a FAKO, but I expected a bit of a downward bump.  But nada happened! 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014
Frequent Contributor
bobebob

Re: Tradelines Reporting Before Cards Received!

[ Edited ]

thom02099 wrote:

Three new Tradelines from apps in January reporting before I even received the cards! 

Merrill Lynch reporting as BofA account, got the (wrong) card the same day that the TL reported, called them up, awaiting a replacement (correct) card.  No change in scores (FICO)

Chase Slate Visa reporting already, 5 days after approval, and before the card even arrives.  3 point drop in score (FICO)

IberiaBank Select VIsa also reporting as of today, still waiting for card to arrive!  1 point drop in score (FICO)

All of these were notices from SW, as well as direct from the Experian site.  No change whatsoever at EX site with 3 new TL.  Yup, it's a FAKO, but I expected a bit of a downward bump.  But nada happened! 

That is completely shocking that the postal service isn't faster than the electrons in the internet!

:smileysurprised:

Oh wait, no it's that other thing - completely believable and expected.

:smileyhappy:

My DCU account showed my 10K available balance on the new credit line within seconds of me clicking the "accept" button.  It did take a couple of days to get the card in the mail.

All kidding aside, I would expect the CCC's to send out immediate updates to the CRA's for a new TL.  Wouldn't do to let someone rack up multiple credit cards within the month without new applications being able to see the increased risk of the new lines.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Valued Member
nolongeraneqaddict

Re: Tradelines Reporting Before Cards Received!

Within the last week I applied for CSP, Chase Freedom, Chase Marriott Rewards, and AMEX BCE. I have been using CitiCard's identity watch and as I was apping for the first card within minutes my phone buzzed with an email identifying me that a new line had been reported. They are definently quick with reporting things, at least at Chase!

START (01/13):TU: 701 | EQ: 692 | EX: 706
CURRENT: TU: 739 (FICO 5/13) | EQ: 711 (FICO 2/13) | EX: 725 (PLUS 5/13) in the garden since 3/9/2013
GOALS: 750 by 01/14
Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier | Chase Freedom | Chase Slate | AMEX Blue Cash Everday | Citi Dividend |
Citi Simplicity | USAA Rewards | Walmart Discover |

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}