Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Union

tag
busyone
Contributor

Trans Union

Score on 6/1/2008 was 721..........checked today now 714??? My small amount of revolving debt
was lower and 1 installment loan lower......so how does it drop 7 points?????  Weird.Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trans Union

I think there was a cold snap in Patagonia. That's probably what did it.

Seriously, credit scores do fluctuate for reasons that make little sense. I've seen secular fluctuations as high as 9 to 12 points that end up flipping back within days to months.
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

busyone, it could be something as simple and transitory as when you made your last payments.  If they did not post before the CCC reported to the CRA, it can easily have score impact.  Make sure you pay before CCC reporting dates, if monthy FICO is a major concern.  This is common and minor.
Message 3 of 7
busyone
Contributor

LOL, I'm going with the cold snp in Patagonia!!!   Yeah, I know the scoring system is wacky.
I paid all the credit card payments before the due dates, but don't know when the ccc reporting
dates are.  I was so excited to be back in the 700 club and have at least one over 720 and then
a slight step back. I know it's no biggie just had to vent, and where better than these wonderful boards.
ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@busyone wrote:
LOL, I'm going with the cold snp in Patagonia!!! Yeah, I know the scoring system is wacky.
I paid all the credit card payments before the due dates, but don't know when the ccc reporting
dates are. I was so excited to be back in the 700 club and have at least one over 720 and then
a slight step back. I know it's no biggie just had to vent, and where better than these wonderful boards.
ThanksSmiley Happy

The reporting dates or cut date/statement date is listed on the website and the bill you receive in the mail. Call CSR and ask if you are still not sure. Some cards report other amounts though so be careful there and don't pull FICO until all the cards report. You don't have a daily puller I imagine?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe Amex reports last month's balance and HSBC reports at the end of the month. Most of the others report on the statement date. You want to schedule your post date to be a few days before that just to make sure you got in under the reporting wire.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys think you have problems! Look at this-- a couple of months ago I paid off half of my bills with a lump sum settlement I received. I also paid down most of the other credit cards I have. One late pay over 30 days in the last 6 months, no over the credit limits, one new credit inquiry over the last three months, and I lightly use the credit I have so I can improve my score. I figured, I am doing GOOD with paying down my dept; now my credit score with TU will go UP. Well it has actually dropped around 40 points since I paid off all those bills Smiley Surprised  I don't know how "good" I have to be to warrant a rising credit score-- I think they randomly select individuals, target them, then assign bogus scores just to be irritating. I am glad I have two good bankers who think the scoring system is the pits and use their own common sense when granting credit to people like me.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.