Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Not Updating?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion Not Updating?

I'm working hard to improve my credit scores after a Ch. 13 filing 2 years ago.  

As of this morning, I have 657 Equifax, 641 Experian, and 578 TransUnion.  However, I went to TransUnion's website and purchased a report there, and they have me at 705!  

On MyFico, my TransUnion score says it was updated on 10/26, and I have the Fico Ultimate 3B+ for monthly reports.  Also of note, CreditKarma has my scores at 705 for TransUnion (which is the same as the actual TU website), and 733 Equifax.  

Any ideas whats up?  

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Not Updating?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm working hard to improve my credit scores after a Ch. 13 filing 2 years ago.  

As of this morning, I have 657 Equifax, 641 Experian, and 578 TransUnion.  However, I went to TransUnion's website and purchased a report there, and they have me at 705!  

On MyFico, my TransUnion score says it was updated on 10/26, and I have the Fico Ultimate 3B+ for monthly reports.  Also of note, CreditKarma has my scores at 705 for TransUnion (which is the same as the actual TU website), and 733 Equifax.  

Any ideas whats up?  

By 'whats up" are you asking why you are seeing different credit scores from different sources?

There are only 3 pieces of data that go into a credit score.  The scoring model used, the bureau data used and the time at which those 2 first pieces of data are used to generate a score.  If you are seeing different scores, one or more of these pieces of data are not the same.  You said you purchased a report from TU's website that provided you with a 705 score.  Look on the page that shows you that score, probably below the score or even in fine print at the bottom of the page.  It should tell you the scoring model used... such as FICO 08, VantageScore 3.0, etc.  The bureau would of course be TU.  The time should be the date you purchased the report, but that should also be visible on the page where you are seeing your score; it should simply state the date that the report/score was generated. 

I'd imagine that the info above on the TU-purchased report does not match what you got from myFICO.  CK uses VS 3.0 scores.  If your CK TU score is 705, which exactly matches what you got when purchasing a report from TU, my best guess would be that the TU report is also providing you with a VS 3.0 score.

These scores are not genuine FICO scores like the ones you are getting from myFICO.  That's why they aren't matching or even similar.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Not Updating?

Thank you for the response.  I understand the different scoring algorithms, but I believe the primary difference is that an item on my report has not yet updated on MyFICO.  I made a lump payment toward my largest credit card balance, reducing my utilization significantly.  It seems that everywhere else has recorded that payment, but the MyFICO TransUnion score still hasn't updated -- despite stating that it was updated today, and verifying that TransUnion has it updated itself.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.