cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Score Drop 15 points With No Changes!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Score Drop 15 points With No Changes!

I actually do get my experian fico score with my walmart cc... i just really want to be able to update daily or weekly.. right now I am just working to really increase my scores. Trans- 585, Exp- 600, Eq-526.. i dont understand why Equifax is so low.. i had 2 collections removed and no increase again from what i have been reading I really think my utilization is why the removals have not paid off.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okayyyyyyyyyyy.. Guess what I pull CCT and sure enough credit score for Fico Trans -625,  Exp-600, and Eq-602.. How can this be when I pull my scores from the actual credit buearu??? My scores are showing increases of  way more than expected and my Experian is on point just like my pull of early this morning 600..Thank you all so much I may need to look into paying just for all 3 on CCT even though I can only get my scores once a month from Trans and Eq.. They seem so much closer to each other than when I pull from each 1 seperate. This explains why when I requested a cli increase via Walmart it was denied because of high utilization, but showed a score of 625 when they sent me the letter and again with EQ the same thing my comenity card letter stated 555 when pulled a month ago.. why is the website for the actual credit company not reflecting the correct score when indeed they are the ones that update them? 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I pull CCT and sure enough credit score for Fico Trans -625,  Exp-600, and Eq-602.. How can this be when I pull my scores from the actual credit buearu???... why is the website for the actual credit company not reflecting the correct score when indeed they are the ones that update them? 

The key thing to understand is the difference between a credit bureau and a scoring model.  It's basically the difference between a report and a score.

There are three credit bureaus, right?  Equifax, TransUnion, Experian.  You can think of them as warehouses where information (data) about you and your credit accounts (credit cards, loans, etc.) is kept.  You see a list of all the data when you get a credit report from one of those three credit bureaus. 

The problem is that a big long report is hard to go through.  Potential lenders and creditors need something that will boil all that information down into a single number, which they can then use to help them make a decision about whether to grant you credit.  That number is a credit score and the computer program that converts the data in the report to that single number is called a scoring model or a scoring algorithm.

Different groups have created these scoring models.  FICO has created the most of them (and the ones that are most widely used).  An alternative to FICO is a scoring system called Vantage.  But there are still other models that other groups have made. 

Now the big idea is to keep those two things separate in your mind.  TU, EX, and EQ are warehouses where the data are stored.  Scoring algorithms take the data and turn it into a score.

The confusing thing is that the three credit bureaus, in addition to storing data about you, have also purchased the rights to use various scoring algorithms.  Thus you can get your report from TU (a list of all the data) but you can also get a TU Plus score from TU (which uses the PLUS model).  TU also sold a score (and maybe still does) that used a model called TransRisk.  TU might also sell you a score that uses the FICO 8 classic model.  Etc.

My feeling is that Credit Check Total would be a good fit for you.  It will be cheaper than what you pay now, it will give you daily score and report updates on your Experian data, it will give you monthly reports and scores on EQ and TU, and it will use the widely used FICO 8 Classic model for all of its scores.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so Much.. I'm stoked right now, because I am doing a little better than I expected I was!!!! I am so glad I decided to reach out today with questions, I just finished school earning 2 degrees and look forward to becoming a great Crime Scene Tech, so I want to make sure if scores are checked during my application process I am on point. 
Thank you Jesus and Thank you My Fico Friends!!!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are very welcome, KayKay.  Congrats on school and your future.

Do you have an open installment loan on your reports right now?  (That would be a student loan, car loan, personal lon, mortgage, etc.)  If you do not, we can suggest a way to get another 30 points or so.

If you want to make sure your score is at the very highest it could be, make sure that you keep most of your cards reporting at $0 with one card reporting with a small balance.  (E.g. $5-$15)  You do not need to do that all the time -- just in the couple months before when you need your score to be perfect, like applying for a job say.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have student loans that I just set up my repayment plans on as well as I do have 1 installment loan reporting on my Trans.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.