Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion credit monitoring service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion credit monitoring service

Just signed up at Trans Union for the one week monitoring service so that I could find out what my "true" score is. I was very surprised to see that they have me at 644. It's only been 3 months ago - when I changed banks - and the new one ran my credit - that I found out that my "true" score was right around 600.

Credit Karma also shows me as having a 644 through Trans Union but I found out last year that they were typically off by 30 to 40 points.

So now I'm confused. Is my true FICO score really a 644? Or did I just waste my dollar?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion credit monitoring service

That score directly on TU isn't your real fico, it's TU's FAKO, sign up on the myFico site for your real Ficos. That TU you're getitng does match the TU on CK because its the same model, it's hopeful but not the true Fico.

Message 2 of 5
havoc
Valued Member

I have been trying to sign up for that site also for a couple of days now, but it keeps telling me i "forgot to enter my gift certificate code" even though i have entered credit card info on screen. Nobody at transunion has been able to help, said it was a site glitch and they are working on it. Oh well

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

go to credit check total and you can get all three for $1 seven day trial

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@tamaralig wrote:

That score directly on TU isn't your real fico, it's TU's FAKO, sign up on the myFico site for your real Ficos. That TU you're getitng does match the TU on CK because its the same model, it's hopeful but not the true Fico.

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.