Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transuinon versus equifax score

tag
ESO

Transuinon versus equifax score

Hi
Could anyone pls help shed some more light on these two Agencies  when it comes to scoring ? I have a 61 point difference between the two for years . With TU at  694 and EQ at 757. 
I modified my mortgage over 3 years ago 
I had a dent on Cr from a student loan but was paid off immediately 
And a dent from property tax public record issue was also paid off quick 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transuinon versus equifax score

@ESO wrote:

Hi
Could anyone pls help shed some more light on these two Agencies  when it comes to scoring ? I have a 61 point difference between the two for years . With TU at  694 and EQ at 757. 
I modified my mortgage over 3 years ago 
I had a dent on Cr from a student loan but was paid off immediately 
And a dent from property tax public record issue was also paid off quick 

Late response, but are the reports from TU and EQ line-item identical?  I presume you're pulling the scores from here at myfico?

If the same between both positive and negative tradelines, then do you have an Amex charge account?  Balances on that get cacluated on the TU '98 version found here whereas they are ignored for the revolving utilization metric with FICO '04 and later models which the EQ report here is (FICO '04 specifically).

Beyond that not sure what the differences could be justifying that big of a swing.  There are certainly some other differences between the '98 version of TU and the '04 version for EQ here; however, 60 points is quite a bit from decently prime, to incredibly close to gold-plated in this case on EQ.

In any event I'd review the report data closely.  In my case my TU report is even worse than my EQ one, but has always trended about the same or slightly higher in the pulls I've performed here.

Congrats regardless on the seriously pretty EQ report / score Smiley Happy.

        
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU is about 40pts higher than EQ because our credit union (whom we've financed and paid off several vehicles and loans from) reported mainly only to TU. They just started in EQ in August, so my AAoA is a lot higher on TU.

Message 3 of 5
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Your AAoA is calculated by how long a line is on your report, it's calculated by using the date of when you opened your account with the lender/creditor. That means that it should be the same on for both TU and EQ.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 4 of 5
GregB
Valued Contributor

Exactly, If a new account appears today on a report but shows it was opened 30 years ago, it will count as a 30 year old account.

I did exactly that when I added another Amex account this year. Since Amex shows the date the account is opened as when your oldest Amex account was opened, it shows the new account as being opened in 1981.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.