cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion/Experian score given but not able to get one with myFICO? What's the dealeo here?

tag
britishexpat
Established Member

Transunion/Experian score given but not able to get one with myFICO? What's the dealeo here?

Hi everyone, ok I am a little cheesed off to say the least here, new to the country since Feb when I got my green card etc... Firstly to get myself some credit established I opened a secured cap 1 card (accepted online for $150 so increased it to $450- with $300 secured on this by me) then after 1 month with this account I opened an online monitoring service with transunion to see what the deeleeo is with my score etc.

Great news my cap 1 card had been reported to them and I had now been given a score of 680

after visiting this forum site and using the valuable information found on here I decided to apply for more "suitable" credit and not just credit lines for the fun of it.

So 2 months later I did the following applications online,

I applied for a GAS credit line with Texaco/chevron - accepted with $300cl

I applied for a walmart store card - accepted with $300cl

I applied for a Amazon store card - accepted with $300cl

I applied for a Lowes store card - denied but then accepted through the backdoor as direction given through this forum - $300cl

I applied for a capital one new comers credit card.. wish I had known about this one at the very start.... anyway accepted with $500cl

all above credit lines are with GEMB by the way.

ok now here is the real dealeeeo... all above cards except the new comers rewards card with cap1 were reported before I even received the cards, cap one rewards card has been in my wallet for 3 weeks and not even reported to the bureau? I now understand cap1 are slow at reporting.

my score with transunion online then went upto 718 wow so soon a decent score, so to double check this score I then bought the 3 credit bureau service with transunion ($30) but only got an update from experience with a score of 695.. Again I thought pretty good to start with and can only get higher once the new lines of credit are used, paid on time etc etc...

on realizing that only 2 bureau's had been used I contacted transunion and got a refund because of this... 3 paid for ony 2 given...

anyway's..

Great news I thought, 2 credit bureau's reporting my details is a start... So now I need to try and get myself a personal loan for my new business and based on this score from transunion I thought no problem.Score of 718 and EP 695 were both pretty good to start with hey?.

Nope.Not good at all.... Denial after denial from 3 various banks "applied for loans at same times" all stating that my transunion score they pulled is that of 0... Yes that's right 0 and I have non or little credit accounts and I used only the banks that pulled TU..

How can this be I thought, I connected transunion only to speak with someone with a worse accent than my welsh one...Possibly edited... Could not understand a word she spoke.... Now this annoyed me.....I was not getting anywhere here.

anyway's  after advising her to slow her words down so I could understand her a little better, I got the usual crap about this and that but not about the product I have been buying from them each month, I want to know why they score me at 718 and creditors come back with denials saying its 0 with them.... can someone explain why transuniion sell me a product service etc that basically mean zilch zero to my score...

I now understand that I need to wait 6 months or should I say another 3 months from now when my 1st card is at the 6 month period which will then kick start my real fico scoring with myfico... I am correct in thinking this?  When I try to open an account with myfico.com to view my score as of now it says I cannot be found at this time.. a telephone into the office at myfico.com resulted in the advisor stating the same thing...wait 6 months then one is created? ok get this but wth is transunion taking my money for each month then? Should I just cancel the service-product I have with transunion  as it seems its all b(*&(&^**cks....?

Started Credit ladder April 2012.
First Year on ladder Scores: April 2013
Walmart TU FICO 654
Equifax FICO 617
Experian FICO 639
Transunion FICO 654

Started with very low limits at 300 each.
one year in limits and some nice New Cards in wallet:
Amex Green Open Limit
Amex Gold Rewards Open Limit
Amex Dillards 1k
Chase Slate 3.5k
Lowes 1.5k
Amazon 1.5k
Walmart 1k
TexacoChevron 1k
Furniture Row 1.7k
Cap 1 newcomers 750
Cap 1 Secured 450 (kept for AAoA)
Banana Republic 800
Chase Freedom 500
14.5k in first year, plus 3.5k Cap 1 Business (18k)

current UT @ 30% will all be clear this month so expecting scores to rise to 700's.

not bad for first years credit.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
britishexpat
Established Member

Re: Transunion/Experian score given but not able to get one with myFICO? What's the dealeo here?

I would appreciate it if someone on here could direct me with opeing the best score monitoring service, getting a little confused with the 3 bureau's and this one with myfico.com, transunion offer all 3 for a rediculous $30 a month but  you can only refresh/update their score every 24hrs but not the other 2 and you only get to look at them once in the month with no option of refreshing/updating...

myfico.com offers 10 day free trial then $15 a month after but I am not sure how often you can refresh/update with them... also are they only pulling equifax? same product available with transunion but they use their own pull.. experian do the same thing, so which one is the best, seems to be a little bit of a scam going on if you can not get all 3 at once and have the function of updating them daily... do I have to open accounts with all 3 seperately to do this?

or is there a site that allows you to pull all 3 on a daily basis and lets you refresh them daily to?

edit... just noticed in the myfico products that they sell another product for 19.95 per month standard service.... getting extremely confused now with all this! why pay that much when you can go directly to the other bureau and get it for 5 dollars less per month?

Started Credit ladder April 2012.
First Year on ladder Scores: April 2013
Walmart TU FICO 654
Equifax FICO 617
Experian FICO 639
Transunion FICO 654

Started with very low limits at 300 each.
one year in limits and some nice New Cards in wallet:
Amex Green Open Limit
Amex Gold Rewards Open Limit
Amex Dillards 1k
Chase Slate 3.5k
Lowes 1.5k
Amazon 1.5k
Walmart 1k
TexacoChevron 1k
Furniture Row 1.7k
Cap 1 newcomers 750
Cap 1 Secured 450 (kept for AAoA)
Banana Republic 800
Chase Freedom 500
14.5k in first year, plus 3.5k Cap 1 Business (18k)

current UT @ 30% will all be clear this month so expecting scores to rise to 700's.

not bad for first years credit.
Message 2 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Transunion/Experian score given but not able to get one with myFICO? What's the dealeo here?

There are no CMS service that monitor all 3 FICO scores.  Score Watch will monitor your EQ FICO but doesn't daily pulls.   I use TrueCredit but I got $9.95 deal a few years ago and you might be able to get a better dial than $30 a month if you decide to sign up and then cancel.  They also give you monthly pulls from all 3 and $9.95 pulls of all three if you need to do that.  They provide but don't monitor your Vantage score.

What is your goal?  if you are rebuilding, I would recommend TrueCredit.  if you need a FICO score monitor, I would recommend ScoreWacth.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you are correct in that you have to wait 6 months from the open date, on a regularly updating and undisputed TL, before a FICO score can be generated. If you opened the first account in February, and it shows a February open date, then by July 1 you should have a FICO score showing.

Outside of a lender, the only place you can get both FICO scores together is myFICO.com. As of a few years ago, Experian blocked access to your FICO score and you cannot buy it from anywhere without the help of a lender.

Outside of myFICO, you can also buy your EQ FICO from your lender or www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

Outside of myFICO, you can only buy your TU FICO from your lender.

You can only buy your EX FICO from your lender as mentioned.

There are other places that offer FICO scores as part of a membership benefit. For example, you can get your EQ FICO for free from Unitus Community Credit Union, Digital Credit Union, M&T Bank (small fee), and other places, mainly credit Unions. You can also get your TU FICO from Wal-Mart if you have a CC with them, as well as other CUs that offer a free FICO as part of a membership benefit. Finally, you can get your EX FICO from a CU called PSECU for free if you have their checking acct., as well as other CUs scattered here and there. Check with your local CU to see if they offer complimentary report reviews and/or FICO.

In short, there is no consumer service anywhere that offers all 3 reports with FICO scores.

TrueCredit offers VantageScores as mentioned, not FICO.

Within myFICO there are other products to choose from. Check out the products listed below and you can see what they offer. The most popular are FICO Standard at the $19.95 as mentioned. This is available for either TU and/or EQ and is a one-time pull with report and score. ScoreWatch (SW) is a monitoring service for certain items on your EQ report (not TU) and will alert you to report changes and/or EQ FICO score changes depending on what changed. Finally, FICO Quarterly Monitoring (we call it TUQM) doesn't monitor your TU report for credit changes, but is basically a pre-paid plan for 4 TU FICO scores and reports per year at a decent discount. Also, both TUQM and SW offer discounts on future reports, 20% and 30% respectively.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@britishexpat wrote:

Great news my cap 1 card had been reported to them and I had now been given a score of 680

after visiting this forum site and using the valuable information found on here I decided to apply for more "suitable" credit and not just credit lines for the fun of it.

So 2 months later I did the following applications online,

I applied for a GAS credit line with Texaco/chevron - accepted with $300cl

I applied for a walmart store card - accepted with $300cl

I applied for a Amazon store card - accepted with $300cl

I applied for a Lowes store card - denied but then accepted through the backdoor as direction given through this forum - $300cl

I applied for a capital one new comers credit card.. wish I had known about this one at the very start.... anyway accepted with $500cl

all above credit lines are with GEMB by the way.

So that's a beefy line of new credit - congrats. My humble (and unsolicited) advice is to garden, which is basically managing all of these accounts and not applying for new credit for some time. How long? That depends - what are your next credit moves? Will you buy a new car in six months? Two years? What about a house? What about cards that are more "prime"? What about asking for limit increases? Closing your secured cards?

Take the moves you want to eventually make and work backwards; all of these inquiries will show up on new apps for the next two years. Getting your AAoA up to a modest level is in terms of years. Years! (true for any new credit, not just your case of course).

But the most important part of gardening is managing these lines. Don't make any late payments, ever. Seven and a half years of misery will follow. Further, try not to make a habit of maxing anything out - they will be easier to pay off, and easier to avoid fees. Lots of fees. Fees that eat up both grocery money and future down payments on said car or house, which leads to higher rates, which leads to even less grocery money. It's a nauseating cycle!

Again, I've been burnt by offering unsolicited advice when it's not what the OP asked for - my apologies - but anyone here will confirm the above is more or less a very, very sound philosophy.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.