Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion FICO 04 - too many accounts reason code

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion FICO 04 - too many accounts reason code

@Anonymous wrote:

Is your theory that you were rebucketed as a result of your Age of Youngest Account turning six months -- and in the previous scorecard FICO doesn;t penalize people for too many accounts, whereas in this new scorecard it's an important factor?

Maybe.  It doesn't appear to rebucket you on FICO 8/9 for six months and the reason code is still there, but FICO 04 taking a drop and a substantial reason code shift maybe.... also note the late payment reason code dropped off too, with a 30D from 10/2015 maybe there was some breakpoint in there at 20-23 months or whatever on that model.

Unfortunately there's two pretty reasonable things, though I would suspect that if the AOYA changed that would presumably tick up, whereas if the late stopped hurting at 2 years which so many people back in the day pontificated (back when we had EQ FICO 5 which is the same generation as TU FICO 4) and I'm now playing in a cleaner bucket where too many accounts is a thing, bleck.

The fact that I got a completely new #1 code that haven't seen before, suggests a rebucketing did occur, but the precise cause of that is unknown unfortunately.  

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.