Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion MYFICO Score

tag
GCM415
Established Member

Transunion MYFICO Score

So I've been reading these boards and following advice on here for about 1.5yrs and it's definitely been a long road in trying to repair all of my mistakes. My EQ and EX reports seem to be the toughest for me to deal with in terms of deletions, but I had a lot of medical bills and even now many more still remain. My TU report isn't reporting nearly the same amount of collections and is much cleaner than the other two reports, so I've had much more success with them. Not sure if that's always the case, but it does seem that way for me.

Along the way, I took the advice of many on here and got multiple (3) secured CC's and put a few thousand dollars into each of them, have kept 2 of them with a revolving zero balance for the past 9 months, and the 3rd one carries a small balance of maybe $100 of the $2000 CL, and that one has been open for the 1.5yr of my rebuild process. I have one new car loan that I got approved for in June which is paid on time and reporting, and one paid off car reporting in good standing from the same finance company (Honda). All the while, my EQ scores (FICO not FAKO), have been no better than 570. I started at like 495, so it's made some progress I suppose. 

However, today I decided to see what my TU score from MYFICO was, as I've never pulled a score from FICO (or anywhere else) based on my TU report. According to this site, my TU FICO score is 703, which I'm not even sure how that rates, but what did stand out was the discrepancy, as my EQ FICO score is only 570. Now I know it's likely because I have way more collections reporting on my EQ report, but is this pretty typical?  Also, is there anything I can do to use my TU report when tyring to get lower rates or prime cards, instead of pulling from my other reports?  Either way, my mission has not ended, I will continue to work, improve, and fix the mistakes I made, but I wasn't sure if there way anything different I could do in the meantime. Also, is a 703 FICO score for TU decent, or is equally as bad as my 570, just the score model different? Thanks in advance and I really appreciate all the help I've gotten on here. I would have been LOST without this forum Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion MYFICO Score

It's very typical. My TU score is 23 points higher than my EQ.

Not all collection accounts report to all bureaus.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 9
GCM415
Established Member

Well yeah, 23pts I wouldn't have thought much of, but this is literally 133pts different, but more than that, i didn't know if you could use the higher score on a single report to get more favorable rates/prime cards, or if they all needed to be totally clean at the same time (which is my goal anyway).

Message 3 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

it is normal for them to be different but that is a huge difference. The scale is the same. EQ is bad but your TU is almost the median. If a lender pulls just TU then you will be far better off.

Message 4 of 9
GCM415
Established Member

Yeah, but how do you get someone to pull the one of your choice?  I'm going to keep plugging away at it, but  wan't sure if that was possible or how a 703 TU FICO score even rated versus an EQ FICO score. 

Message 5 of 9
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Whogavemecredit.com
Message 6 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

My Transunion and Equifax FICO scores have been 70 points apart before. A 130 point difference is exceptional though. I think that since your credit file is so complicated, the difference in scoring models can result in a huge point difference.

Message 7 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

@GCM415 wrote:

Yeah, but how do you get someone to pull the one of your choice?  I'm going to keep plugging away at it, but  wan't sure if that was possible or how a 703 TU FICO score even rated versus an EQ FICO score. 

A lender will pull the one they want. They may also pull more than one. A mortgage and many other large loans will always pull all three. You can usually do some research and find out which CRA a specific lender is most likely to use but that may vary by your location.

Lenders that look at thousands of scores tend to find that if a person has identical information on their reports, as I do, then EQ tends to be lowest with TU a few points higher and EX a few points above that.

Message 8 of 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

@GCM415 wrote:

So I've been reading these boards and following advice on here for about 1.5yrs and it's definitely been a long road in trying to repair all of my mistakes. My EQ and EX reports seem to be the toughest for me to deal with in terms of deletions, but I had a lot of medical bills and even now many more still remain. My TU report isn't reporting nearly the same amount of collections and is much cleaner than the other two reports, so I've had much more success with them. Not sure if that's always the case, but it does seem that way for me.

Along the way, I took the advice of many on here and got multiple (3) secured CC's and put a few thousand dollars into each of them, have kept 2 of them with a revolving zero balance for the past 9 months, and the 3rd one carries a small balance of maybe $100 of the $2000 CL, and that one has been open for the 1.5yr of my rebuild process. I have one new car loan that I got approved for in June which is paid on time and reporting, and one paid off car reporting in good standing from the same finance company (Honda). All the while, my EQ scores (FICO not FAKO), have been no better than 570. I started at like 495, so it's made some progress I suppose. 

However, today I decided to see what my TU score from MYFICO was, as I've never pulled a score from FICO (or anywhere else) based on my TU report. According to this site, my TU FICO score is 703, which I'm not even sure how that rates, but what did stand out was the discrepancy, as my EQ FICO score is only 570. Now I know it's likely because I have way more collections reporting on my EQ report, but is this pretty typical?  Also, is there anything I can do to use my TU report when tyring to get lower rates or prime cards, instead of pulling from my other reports?  Either way, my mission has not ended, I will continue to work, improve, and fix the mistakes I made, but I wasn't sure if there way anything different I could do in the meantime. Also, is a 703 FICO score for TU decent, or is equally as bad as my 570, just the score model different? Thanks in advance and I really appreciate all the help I've gotten on here. I would have been LOST without this forum Smiley Happy

Your TU score is different because, like you said, do not contain the CA found on your EQ. I would work on cleaning that up so your credit profiles will match more closely. Also, the TU model used here is know as the TU98 which is a little outdated compared to the TU04 that most lenders use and the TU08 that walmart provides. That in itself can provide a discrepancy. Barclays is thought to still use the TU98 model, and GE pulls alot from TU but it can vary.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.