Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Score inquiry

tag
Enonge
Established Member

Transunion Score inquiry

I'm posting this question with the hopes that someone can help me understand why and possible explain to me how to have this fixed. 

My transunion score does not reflect my good credit history on the scale diagram as it does on the Equifax one.  I'm wondering if that is the reason the scores are so far apart.  My Equifax score is 582 and my transunion score is 536.  I am thankful for any insight that you can give.

God Bless!

Starting Score: TU:629(7/10/10)
Current Score: TU:629
Goal Score: 750(across the Board)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion Score inquiry

Enonge wrote:

I'm posting this question with the hopes that someone can help me understand why and possible explain to me how to have this fixed. 

My transunion score does not reflect my good credit history on the scale diagram as it does on the Equifax one.  I'm wondering if that is the reason the scores are so far apart.  My Equifax score is 582 and my transunion score is 536.  I am thankful for any insight that you can give.

God Bless!

You're going to have to examine your reports from both TU and EQ side-by-side to see if you can identify any differences between the two.  But in general, it's not uncommon for TU and EQ to differ by a quite a bit.

Remember, also, that the "scale" illustration is only a very simplified representation of the factors affecting your score.  You need to look at the specific data that underlies both your score and this illustration.  With your scores where they are, you may find information on both reports that indicates that you have work to do to boost those scores.

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 6
3elizabeth
New Contributor

I have this exact same question in another post.  It is driving me crazy!  Mine concerns the length of credit history which is the same on all of my pulls, since I have begun monitoring my credit.  I just don't get why I am not given credit for it on everything.  Uhggg!
In the 600's, moving toward 700's and 10K in credit. My motto: At the end of my life I want to be able to say "I wish I hadn't," not "I wish I had."
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your score does not break down the separate effect of lenght of credit history, so there is no way to determine how each FICO score from each CRA is weighting it.

Even if your credit reports from all three CRAs are identical in all respects in all categories, it is not uncommon to see a difference in scores of 20 pts.  Each CRA commissions a totally different scoring algorithm from FICO based on the things they wish to emphasize, and there is no way for you to obtain their scoring algorithm.

Message 4 of 6
3elizabeth
New Contributor

So what you're saying is that the CRA is telling myFICO what to put on the scales?  That's the concern---that myFICO is not consistent.  We are pretty much used to the inconsistencies among and between the CRA's on any given day.  
In the 600's, moving toward 700's and 10K in credit. My motto: At the end of my life I want to be able to say "I wish I hadn't," not "I wish I had."
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Your FICO score is derived from the info on the reports. The negatives that you get on your myFICO report are the same as on the underlying report.

It's not a question of the CRA telling myFICO what to put on the score report. It's that FICO and each CRA (separately) came up with a score formula that looks at everything that is legally reportable on your credit reports. So whatever the CRA puts on a report is going to get crunched into your FICO score from that particular report.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.