Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion not updating?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion not updating?

I have a 739 with Experian - a 701 with Equifax - a 584 with Transunion.  Nothing negative has happened in the past 8 years to my credit.  My 700's keep going up each month, Transunion keeps going down.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Transunion not updating?

Since you're listing an Experian "score", I'm guessing these are FAKO's? --scores pulled from a credit bureau site, or a monitoring service. FAKO's are credit scores invented by various vendors that have no relation to FICO scores, are rarely used by lenders, and are a great way for the sellers to make some money.

Experian stopped allowing consumers to buy our EX FICO scores back in February. Now you either have to apply for a mortgage or belong to a credit union in Pennsylvania called PSECU to know your scores.

Have you ever pulled your EQ (Equifax) and TU (TransUnion) FICO's? You can buy both here, or you can buy EQ only from the Equifax site, or TU only from www.transunioncs.com. <--Note the -cs at the end: it's not the regular TransUnion site.

More importantly, have you ever pulled all three of your reports? You need to print each one out, get a yellow highlighter, and go through each report, line by line, matching up accounts, dates, negatives, etc.

Something is either missing from TU, or on there that isn't on the others.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.