Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion score is off from cap1 amd walmart

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Transunion score is off from cap1 amd walmart

The 3 bureau score for me is 699 but the other two are 678. All of them are updated as of today. Why is the one on this site higher? Is it fico 09 on this site? I know those are transunion fico 08
Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion score is off from cap1 amd walmart

It's FICO 08 here and while I'm not sure what Walmart gives, the score Capitol One gives is not a FICO score at all, it's a FAKO.  If Your Walmart score is matching that I'd assume it was FAKO as well.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought Walmart gave an actual TU 08 Fico.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought Walmart gave an actual TU 08 Fico.

It might very well as I'm not familiar with theirs.  I know CapOne's is a FAKO

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is a real FICO then it too would be FICO 08 score and the difference is probably related to when the scores were pulled.

Message 5 of 8
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Just to add my barclays us same as cap 1 and walmart too
Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditGuy03 wrote:
Just to add my barclays us same as cap 1 and walmart too

Ok, I checked.  The Barclays and Walmart are TU FICO scores.  Cap One is definitely a FAKO so it's just a coincidence that they match.  I just checked my CapOne score and it shows 693.  Barclays has me at 800. My TU from here is 805 (as of a week ago)

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Walmart and Barclays and Discover should match the Transunion score found here, assuming they were pulled at the same time.  All FICO 8, no industry option.

At least for me Walmart = 3B monitoring identically and has every single month.

Cap 1 is pure FAKO, now the sole laughable purveyor of the TU New Accounts Score after CK is kicking that junk to the curb in favor of Vantage Score 3.0 which is a wholesale improvement even if it is still a non-FICO score at least it's used somes in underwriting decisions.

As Irish80 correctly states: a Cap 1 score matching any FICO score is pure coincidence... never could manage to convince my buddy who's actually financial system savvy though that wasn't the case as "it matched the score on my HELOC approval!" Cat Tongue

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.