Did you mean: 

Transunion score off from other two

tag
jay_s
Valued Member

Transunion score off from other two

I pulled up my scores yesterday and found this: 

TU : 777, EX: 735, EQ: 741

I wanted to check why the TU score is more and see how I can get the other scores inline with the TU score. I had a late payment(30 days) in Feb 2008. Comparing the reports I see TU report did not show the missed payment and so showed all my accounts as good standing. The other two reports do reflect that.

Have anyone seen such a behavior? Should I expect in Jan(since I am 7 years from deliquency) for all 3 scores to fall inline...?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion score off from other two

@jay_s wrote:

I wanted to check why the TU score is more and see how I can get the other scores inline with the TU score. I had a late payment(30 days) in Feb 2008. Comparing the reports I see TU report did not show the missed payment and so showed all my accounts as good standing. The other two reports do reflect that.

Have anyone seen such a behavior? Should I expect in Jan(since I am 7 years from deliquency) for all 3 scores to fall inline...?

I am not an expert, but I thought minor lates (30 & 60's) were ignored after 2 years.  The lattes shouldn't be effecting your FICO 08 score on any of your scores.  It is still good for them to drop off since CCC's can see them and might penalize you in their internal scoring.

Maybe someone else has an idea about why your scores are varying more than 30 points.  Or it could really be TU not having the 30 days late reported.

Message 2 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

@jay_s wrote:

Well  you already answered your own question. think about it. if the late payment is not on transunion and on the other 2. it. your transunion would be much higher. no such thing as getting in line. even if all have exact same data. they will still be slightly different. because each bureau uses slightly different version of fico.

but as far as why. transunion is different there you go. only other thing you can do is get lates removed if possible from other two bureaus.

which is not easy to do.

Message 3 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

@jay_s wrote:

I am not an expert, but I thought minor lates (30 & 60's) were ignored after 2 years.  The lattes shouldn't be effecting your FICO 08 score on any of your scores.  It is still good for them to drop off since CCC's can see them and might penalize you in their internal scoring.

Maybe someone else has an idea about why your scores are varying more than 30 points.  Or it could really be TU not having the 30 days late reported.

well they have less of an effect after 2 years. but in fact they affect it somewhat the entire time they are on your report.

i had 2 30 days lates. 6.5 years old. both of them. when they were removed. i was shocked to see a 71 point boost on my transunion. the moment they were removed. so. people say that. but in fact. it just lessens as time go on. but some affect always.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.