Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion scoring question.

tag
d170
Regular Contributor

Transunion scoring question.

I recently pulled my Transunion score on transunion.com. It said it was the vantage score. Right now it's at 676. I called my CU today inquiring on a CLI but wanted to know what I'd be working against as credit mix DTI Etc. She told me the usually pull Experian but if my transunion was higher, she'd pull that score for me. So I signed up for their monthly monitoring 1$ for 7 days cancel prior. But then came over here and totally forgot myfico offers transunion scores. My question. (And my apologies, I know it's been aske probably A MILLION times) but what is the difference between the two if any?  One of my CC just hit me with a hefty AF and I want to see if my CU will increase my line to the amount of what I'm willing to close. TIA

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion scoring question.

Vantage is a score that was created as direct competition to the FICO score. Vantage 2.0 and 3.0 are used these days, although I'm not sure which one TU provides. Maybe you can see the range of possible scores with your subscription? If It goes north of 900, it's 2.0. 3.0 max score is 850. It's a FAKO, meaning not a real FICO, although out of all FAKOs I would say it's got the biggest claim to relevance as it is actually used by lenders. The TU FICO that you would get here is the 08 model.

Basically, it's a different kind of score with different grading criteria.

Message 2 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

One issue is FAKO vs. FICO; I believe the scores you get from the TU site are FAKOs.

Within the FICO realm, there is 98 vs. 04 vs. 08, and standard vs. auto/bankcard enhanced.

The bottom line is that you're dealing with a bunch of different formulas, that will produce different scores.  The details of some of these, for example the 08 scores, are known; see here:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/fico8.aspx

Perhaps your CU will give you more details about what they use, for example EX 08 or EX 08 bankcard enhanced.

Message 3 of 4
d170
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses!! Looks like its a 10 point difference (666 FICO TU here). I believe by the end of the month I'll  hopefully be in the 700's.  I just consolidated my debt and the loan most likely won't update until August.  I have 3 baddies that will fall off in July (if only I knew if it were going to be in the beginning or end of the month, I'd be ECSTATIC)  I'm just glad things are starting to look up for me in the credit.  I've played this crap credit scores for far too long.  My DP is willing to add me as AU (CL's are at approximately 125K) But it looks as though AU aren't counting as much as they did in the past so I don't even want to waste the time of calling to get added.  This place is a wealth of information and when I started I was in such a mess. I have this forum to thank for guidance!!

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.