Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion??

tag
maygirl
Contributor

Transunion??

Ok I know this has proabably been answered, but I wanted some clarification....

Is the score that Transunion gives you on its website with your credit report your real score?? Can it be any judge of what your actual TU score is if it isn't real? I have bad accounts deleted and I want to see what happens with my score, especially my TU because it was the lowest...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion??

@maygirl wrote:

Ok I know this has proabably been answered, but I wanted some clarification....

Is the score that Transunion gives you on its website with your credit report your real score?? Can it be any judge of what your actual TU score is if it isn't real? I have bad accounts deleted and I want to see what happens with my score, especially my TU because it was the lowest...

The scores sold at the TU website are called VantageScores and I only know of one lender (Chase) that uses the VS for some credit decisions. You cannot compare the VS to FICO scores. Besides using different scoring formulas there are different score ranges. VS ranges from 501-990 whereas FICO goes from 300-850.

As far as where to get FICO scores no one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but no more. Wal Mart now offers a TU08 score to those who have their store card and the Discover version.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.