cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranunion score is 40 points higher on myfico than on credit karma. Anyone know why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tranunion score is 40 points higher on myfico than on credit karma. Anyone know why?

When I got my last loan the actual FICO score was lower than Credit Karma. Now I realize that Credit KArma is displaying a score 39 points lower than my fico. Does anyone have any idea. It has been steadily climbing up on myfico.com.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tranunion score is 40 points higher on myfico than on credit karma. Anyone know why?

@Anonymous wrote:

When I got my last loan the actual FICO score was lower than Credit Karma. Now I realize that Credit KArma is displaying a score 39 points lower than my fico. Does anyone have any idea. It has been steadily climbing up on myfico.com.

Welcome to the forums!

Credit Karma historically has used the TU New Accounts Score which frankly is a bunch of junk, and is best ignored as an effectively educational score.  There's no correlation at all between CK and FICO algorithms, same changes even move them in different directions.

CK is utterly fantastic though for report access, and end of the day we should all be focusing on the data on the report rather than scores, as a pretty report will result in a pretty score regardless of algorithm chosen.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.