Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimerge Pulled by Loan Officer, but I Have to Admit it is a Little Confusing

tag
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Trimerge Pulled by Loan Officer, but I Have to Admit it is a Little Confusing

Didn't think this belonged in the mortage forum, but maybe I'm wrong??

June 6, 2014, Last Friday, a trimerge report was pulled by NFCU because I applied for a mortgage.  I get my scores in the mail today and I am a little confused.  Let me give a little background

I subscribe to MYFICO for my Equifax FICO score.  My FICO shows 687 and my EQ on the trimerge showed the same.  Good so Far?

I subscribe to Experian and can see my report on a daily basis and get a Score Plus and alerts.  My Score Plus on the bottom of my daily report is 709 and my EX on the trimerge showed same. (I pull EX FICO on this site about once per month or ever two months and my fico on this site is 665,

Barclay provides my TU FICO which is 711 (I believe they pull the newer FICO version/model) and my FICO on this site for TU is 689.  The trimerge TU score was 711. 

So the only score that matched myfico was the Equifax.

I guess the strangest one to me is --- how did my Score Plus come to be one of the scores pulled by NFCU for a mortgage??? I am certainly not complaining as my mid score on the trimerge is 709.  But I don't see the pattern here and probably won't pull Exp or TU on MYFICO again.  I will keep the subscription for EQ, for now, but I don't see the point in paying almost $20 to pull Exp and TU..

Am I the only one that this makes no sense to???

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 764/EX - 760/TU - 769/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trimerge Pulled by Loan Officer, but I Have to Admit it is a Little Confusing

If we're talking mortgage only, then the scores here are unfortunately worth not that much I admit.  You're lucky your EQ score matched, those of us SW subscribers that have been upgraded that would no longer be the case.

As for your Score Plus matching: pure random coincidence.  Experian only sells an educational score and they state that in their fine print - the trimerge EX score is anything but that; however, the myFICO score won't match it.

Likewise the Barclays score is FICO 8 from Transunion (classic) and is now the same as myFICO's TU.  

I think subscription services to any FICO 8 is up to the user: I still appreciate the granularity of Scorewatch for doing some testing of the FICO algorithm, but if I were still in the hunt for a mortgage I'd be pretty miffed personally... as is I'm not as happy as I once was with the paid services myFICO provides to be honest, but since I can't get my EX FICO 8 anywhere else (and I'm not opening an FBNO account for a Bankcard enhanced score even if I admit to being curious about it), I'll still pull it once a year for my benchmarking purposes and maybe once after I get my tax liens off EX, but I can't see making a regular habit of it.  Credit Sesame gets me enough data access to the report that I don't really need much more than that as I don't worry about my scores really... other than not making any incredibly stupid mistake on my report (like missing a payment).

I still do get a monthly Beacon 5.0 from DCU and that's basically my tracking for mortgage status; can get the same score from Equifax's Score Power and Score Watch products.  Other place is if you live in PA you can join PSECU and get what we think is still the EX Risk model v2 which is another trimerge score... TU '04 classic isn't available anywhere to my knowledge anymore.

        
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Trimerge Pulled by Loan Officer, but I Have to Admit it is a Little Confusing

I guess the market is too small, but it would be nice if myFico offered a higher-priced package that included both 04 and 08 scores for all three CRA.

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

I guess the market is too small, but it would be nice if myFico offered a higher-priced package that included both 04 and 08 scores for all three CRA.

TBH I still don't know why they did what they did; FICO had their reasons and it was more intricate than simply "having the most recent score available."

Is plausible that somewhere behind the curtain they know something we don't, but short of the GSE's changing their standards (which for all I know could actually be in the works, it's been a decade since the last update and half that since the mortgage enhanced score was brought out... figure that's enough time to trial run it along with the FICO 8 classic ones) I simply see it as throwing away revenue.

If I were Emperor, I would've not touched the EQ ones, and upgraded TU to '04 but what do I know.  Would've even seen if we could've gotten EX back to the Risk Model v2, mortgage is just too important.

I think longer term I'd like to see more scores available since the number of scores isn't going to decrease, I think at least one Auto Enhanced score wouldn't be remiss either as I rate mortgage > auto > everything else, and right now we only have access to "everything else" scores via myFICO.

        
Message 4 of 5
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Revelate for sheding some light on my scores.  I really appreciate the info.  

I wanted to add that I was notified on the 11th by Myfico they had 'upgraded' me to the upgraded Equifax model.  It dropped from 687 to 674.  It is a good thing, I guess, that they ended up being lowest score when the trimerge was pulled, but it is rather irritating that it has dropped.. Thanks again and take care.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 764/EX - 760/TU - 769/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.