Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True credit vs. my fico

tag
busyone
Contributor

True credit vs. my fico

I have a banker friend who said he worked for fico. He swears up and down true credit.com
is the closest you can get to actual scores that a mortgage company,car dealer, etc. would
pull. I told him they were facos vs the real fico. He's still not convinced,so how do I prove to
him otherwise???  I read these forums religiously and I know my fico is the closest you can
get for a consumer to pull their scores. I just need some better info to prove him wrong.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: True credit vs. my fico

Refer him to this forum otherwise just smile and change the subject.  You cant cure stupid.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you can add to the pile of threads that goes something like this:

"My TransRisk score (FAKO) from Juniper says 658.  But my FICO score from myFICO says 691.   Why are they so different?"

We should start betting on how many threads like these we see each week.  

Message 3 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I hope your banker friend is your friend - but not your banker.  Does his bank issue credit cards? Ask him which reports his bank's credit card division looks at when deciding credit lines.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I think he only worked in using FICO.  Otherwise, he is a moron.
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Try showing him this, and ask him for his explanation:

FICO:
EQ - 705
TU - 728
EX - 714

FAKO via TrueCredit:
EQ - 721 (+16)
TU - 672 (-56)
EX - 653 (-61)

In case I ever app for a card from his bank, and in the unlikely event that he knows what he's talking about, I hope to heaven that they pull FAKO EQ and not FAKO EX. Smiley Happy

edit: whoops, FICO EQ typo!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-01-2008 05:52 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
busyone
Contributor

Thanks for all of the responses gang. He is a friend of the family and a little bit of
a know it all. I know that myfico is the real deal. What's frustrating is I could not
articulate it well enough to have a convincing arguement.

However nothing surprises me anymore. A while back I was considering credit
repair and called a few different companies. I mentioned business credit to one "paralegal",
and he had absolutely no clue about D&B,or that Exp. or Eq. did anything with business credit
scores. He even put me on hold to ask his manager and said they had never heard of D&B
either?? Go figure.
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As Marty has said, just refer him to Credit Scoring 101 on this forum (unfortunately we have no Credit Scoring 001 forum!).  He does not even have to be a myFICO member to read this forum  Some of the most factual advice that exists about credit scoring anywhere is contained there.  Let him argue with that, and not with you!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 07-03-2008 11:43 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.