Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to break 700

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to break 700

I am new to this credit stuff and need tons of help to increase my score. I just started building my credit and its has only been a year and now my score if at 690. How can i break pass 700? I need help please and thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Trying to break 700

@Anonymous wrote:
I am new to this credit stuff and need tons of help to increase my score. I just started building my credit and its has only been a year and now my score if at 690. How can i break pass 700? I need help please and thank you in advance.

Well let us have some information:

-credit card limits and reported balances

-open installment loans original amount and present balance

-inquiries, recent accounts, average age of accounts

-negatives if any

-what scores you're referring to

And we'll probably be able to give you lots of ideas

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Capital one platinum with 1,300. It started with a 500 dollar limit went up.

I have a quicksilver by capital one was 300 down its 750.

I have a buy power card from capital one limit is 300.

I have maxed all of them out made monthly payments then paid all of them off they are all at 0 balance.

I got 2 charge offs. I paid off the balance to one but they gave me credit again due to paying it off which is a fingerhut account. They gave me a 600 limit.

Another charge off for 140 currently disputing.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, the credit age are 1 year 4 months, 11 months, 4 months. And 13 hard inquiries due to car dealership looking for a bank to loan me for a loan.
Message 4 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Provided that you're looking at a FICO score, you'll probably get your ten points by letting one of your CapOne cards bill you for $10 each month. Because two of your limits are pretty low, you're probably best off doing that on the card with the highest limit. Continue to have all other cards report a statement balance of zero. Don't allow the Fingerhut card to report a balance. The scoring advantage comes from having the balance on a major card.

Where are you getting your scores from? If you're not seeing FICO scores, you can sign up for a free trial at CreditCheckTotal. If you need details, others here would be able to provide them better than I can.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, you didn't mention any installment loans. Your scores would actually be higher with one because FICO rewards a mix of credit types.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.