Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to get score

Hi there!

We are working on my husband's credit score for a mortgage loan, but do not know if the mortgage lenders pull up from this site. We are having a problem. Apparently we tried to sign up a few weeks ago, but someone else is using his S.S. numbers and FICO keeps telling him the investigation is us to 72 hours. But this has been going on for a few weeks. They told him 3 times it will be up to 72 hours. I say it is now almost 300 hours. I feel as tho they are stringing him along, and I don't know who else he can contact besides customer service. If we want to buy a house today will we have the same problem? We can't count on this site. Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy.   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to get score

If somebody else is using his social security number, you should immediately go to each of the credit bureau sites and get copies of his reports. You might also sign up for Credit Karma so you can see the contents of Transunion and Equifax.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to get score

That's what I did prior. And I also signed up for Karma last year to check our scores periodically (most recent, last night). I also went to Equifax site last night and there is no sign of my husband's social security being used. I went to myFICO.com to get a more of a actual score and was told someone is using my husband's S.S. numbers and they are supposedly investigating it. It may have been entered wrong.  There is no telling what happened. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.