cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to raise fico score...nearly impossible!

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Trying to raise fico score...nearly impossible!

Have a question:

OK...last year before I lost my beloved job...I had gotten my score up to about 666-670 (which is great for me, coming from a 400ish score.

Well, after loosing my job for 8 months...I floated on my little bit of savings. When my savings ran out, I started missing my creditcard payments. (sorry, but roof over head and food in tummy became number one)

Well, happily to say, and thankyou sweet Jesus...I am again, a loyal tax payer! I have gotten all 12 credit cards paid current ( this took about 1200 dollars to do, as I was several months behing on ALL of them, late fees, over limit fees, higher interest rates/apr...you get the picture.

I finally am caught up, and have since paid 3 of them off altogeather!

My problem is my fico has NOT moved! It fell from670 down to 485 when all of the payments fell behind. Now that they are all caught up, and some paid off...that damn fico will not move! What the hell?

Is there a catch to this? Its been about a month and a half.....score watch keeps sending me notifications...but no score increase.

Someone please help me...going in sane here....Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to raise fico score...nearly impossible!

Try GW letters to those companies stating you lost your job and since you've been a loyal customer for however long if they can delete some lates. This should send your score up quite a bit.

Message 2 of 4
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Thanks JosnandKimm-

Im gonna try your suggestion....keeping fingers crossed!

I will let you know if it works Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I sympathize with your problems and hope you can recover quickly. At this point I suggest you just keep trying those GW's for some relief. Recent late payments especially if they are 60 or 90 day lates are very harmful to your credit and will remain so for a good long time. I wish you the best.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.