Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to raise my and DH's scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to raise my and DH's scores

I apologize in advance for posting in this thread, if it's happens to be the wrong place... I posted it under the other thread as well.

Hi there,

Here are my FICO scores and hubbies, respectively:

TU = 778, EXP = 730, EQU = 763 

TU = 741, EXP = 672, EQU = 781

As you can see I have 2 out of 3 agencies with an excellent rating, hubby has 1 out of 3.

What can we do to improve all 3 agency to excellent status across the board?

If you need more information to advise, please just let me know and I'll let you know what's on there. Right off, I can tell you that we go against the average in terms of the number of accounts we have. Can closing accounts we don't use really hurt our score? Can leaving them, especially in light of the recent turmoil, end up hurting us anyway?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Glad to have found this site.

edit: this post was split off from the FICO High Achievers' thread to form its own. Only the title was edited.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-16-2008 07:01 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Trying to raise my and DH's scores

Hi, tlands, welcome to the forums.

There isn't nearly enough info here for anyone to give specific help. Generally, we need to know how many open CC accounts you have, what their credit limits are, what the reported balances are (from the credit reports), do you have a mortgage, do you have loans, what's your total credit age, what's your average credit age, do you have any baddies, if so, how bad and how old, and on and on.

In the meantime, please read Credit Scoring 101. The link is in my siggy below.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.