Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to refinance a construction loan into a permenant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to refinance a construction loan into a permenant

I am in the process of re-fi'ing a construction loan into a permanent one.  The loan officer gave me a 7.5 rate and what I would like is a 6.5, my credit cards are over 90% (only two).  If I paid them down to at least 50% do you think my fico scorce would go up within the next two weeks? Or should I save the money to bring to closing.  Also I had a collection that dropped off today, how long before my score will reflect that one??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to refinance a construction loan into a permenant

What are your current scores?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ-638  EX-645  TU-653
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Can you get to 1-9%? That would increase your scores the most.. but any drop in util should help.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the CC report to FICO, do your credit scores go up on the same day? or does it happen over a period of time, i.e. if your utilization decreased,would you see a difference in the scores or that day? 

Message Edited by SlowScore on 07-18-2007 03:35 PM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
When the CC report to FICO, do your credit scores go up on the same day? or does it happen over a period of time, i.e. if your utilization decreased,would you see a difference in the scores or that day?

The score is a snapshot representing what is on your credit report at that time. If the CRA updated CC account X at 1:30 PM, a score pulled at 1:31 PM would be based on the new account X information.

By the way, the CC actually reports to the CRAs (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion), not directly to FICO or MyFico.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

SlowScore wrote:

Yes... It is immediate. and the fastest way to get the bump. Your broker can prob do a Rapid Rescore if you get a letter from each that you paid down. The score will change even sooner if you go this route.

Rob
Message 8 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

If you can get a 7.5% rate with your scores take it. There is nothing stopping you from doing another Refi 6-12 months down the road.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.