cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to understand the FICO score and one other....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to understand the FICO score and one other....

I am trying to understand what the FICO score is. What is the difference in a FICO score and the 3 bureau scores? Are they one in the same?

Aslo, being that MyFico doesn't monitor all three are there other services suggested that are better for monthly monitoring?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to understand the FICO score and one other....

Maybe this will help you : Understanding FICO Scoring

There are also dozens of other links on this site that will take some of the mystery out of credit and debt. Read all you can.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to understand the FICO score and one other....

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to understand what the FICO score is. What is the difference in a FICO score and the 3 bureau scores? Are they one in the same? No, they are not one in the same....and it is very confusing to many consumers. Many places will try to sell you your "credit scores." Unless it says FICO, it's not a FICO score. I don't look at the other scores because it's the FICO scores that most lenders use. I want to be looking at the same scores that my prospective lenders are seeing. You have to be careful of some of the advice that comes along with the non-FICO scores...sometimes it can be opposite of how FICO scores.

Aslo, being that MyFico doesn't monitor all three are there other services suggested that are better for monthly monitoring? You might want to read a very good post by IIecs that is stickied at the top of the General Credit Questions forum. It deals with credit monitoring services. If you use a credit monitoring service, you may want to ignore the scores that come along with it. His post also tells you where you can get the two FICOs that you can buy...EQ and TU. Consumers can't buy their EX FICO scores any more.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.