cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to wrap my head around this!

tag
tommctech

Re: Trying to wrap my head around this!

I think I am going to try to see if Chase will give a GW for at least one of them.  Doubtful, but worth the effort.

Thanks,

tommctech

Message 11 of 13
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Fair Isaac has stated that the difference in scoring, with the same data, should not vary by more than approx 20-30 pts between the scoring models used by the big 3 CRAs.  So that is a rough guideline.  If the variance is more than that, there is most likely some difference buried in the data cranked into their models.

One situation that could be atypical is having a small positive balance on most or all cards, which may bring about a particularly low EQ score while TU swings less. In exercising a monthly cycle of such balances at this time with the EQ already 20 points lower than the TU, I have noticed that the scores may be impacted as well by some cards considered previously dormant by FICO as Amex does not report non-positive balances. It's not a pretty picture.

Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

60plus' post on this thread has been moved to General Credit Topics. Its new thread title is "Want to buy a house, but I need to improve my scores".

Please click on the link above to find its new location.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.