Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuscani, can you help with this?

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Tuscani, can you help with this?

I just printed my fico scores from 4/4.

This is what I see and how it has changed.

TU Report - 640

The blockbuster account I asked about yesterday is listed as a late payment - I sent a dispute letter yesterday. This was before I saw your post on sending a goodwill ltr. If deleted will this help my score and report?

What's hurting your score:
I have a collection and a serious delinquency on my credit report
 # of acct that were ever 60 days late or worse - BB account

Number of collections - Dental Bill from 2001 - This was a PFD - it has successfully been deleted.

I made heavy use of my avail revolving crdt. Have a $400 limit. I currently have a $275 available credit. This hasn't been updated yet.

I have a short credit history - Oldest account 5 years (student loan)
Average age - 4 years

I have few accounts that are in good standing - 1 account  (my credit card current, my student loan was deferred in Jan 07, will go back to making payment this month)

new alert as of 4/14 - not on this fico scoring.

In your eyes, how am I doing and what should I change? This is only one report, I will tell you what Exp says of you allow me.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tuscani, can you help with this?

ktl55 wrote:
I just printed my fico scores from 4/4.

This is what I see and how it has changed.

TU Report - 640

The blockbuster account I asked about yesterday is listed as a late payment - I sent a dispute letter yesterday. This was before I saw your post on sending a goodwill ltr. If deleted will this help my score and report?

What's hurting your score:
I have a collection and a serious delinquency on my credit report
 # of acct that were ever 60 days late or worse - BB account

Number of collections - Dental Bill from 2001 - This was a PFD - it has successfully been deleted.

I made heavy use of my avail revolving crdt. Have a $400 limit. I currently have a $275 available credit. This hasn't been updated yet.

I have a short credit history - Oldest account 5 years (student loan)
Average age - 4 years

I have few accounts that are in good standing - 1 account  (my credit card current, my student loan was deferred in Jan 07, will go back to making payment this month)

new alert as of 4/14 - not on this fico scoring.

In your eyes, how am I doing and what should I change? This is only one report, I will tell you what Exp says of you allow me.

You are doing great. I would just work on getting that 30 day late removed and get your balance paid off. You should also be able to get a few store cards like Target or Walmart.
Message 2 of 8
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Yesterday I sent a letter off to........Exp requesting investigation on the BB account as inaccurate. This is what I was advised to do. I'm hoping they delete since I have been VERY successful with the deletion of paid collection and inaccurate accounts.

Also, can I ask you this? On my Fico Score report I have listed for Hard Inquiries affecting my score:

Exp - 4
TU - 3

But on my actual CR's it says:

EXP - 9
TU - 12

Why the difference.
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Your actual CR shows the previous 24 months (the longest an Inq can stay on your CR). Myfico only shows 12 months. Reason being, inquiries over 12 months no longer affect your score.
Message 4 of 8
ktl55
Regular Contributor

ok, so the potential creditor can not use those older inq against you? Or can they?
Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Sure.. just because MyFICO does not show or calculate them does not mean there not acutally there.
Message 6 of 8
ktl55
Regular Contributor

ok, so why have I read that only inq within the last 12 months can effect your score or that creditors only acknowledge inq in the last 12 months. Believe it or not I've read 6 months as well some places. This whole credit thing is sooo confusing. I just want to clean up my credit. Not really interested in anymore CC, loans or even a new car. I have a house and the car (2004) I drive is paid off. Both notes are/were under my husbands name but my name is on the deed and title of both.
Message 7 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ktl55 wrote:
ok, so why have I read that only inq within the last 12 months can effect your score or that creditors only acknowledge inq in the last 12 months. Believe it or not I've read 6 months as well some places. This whole credit thing is sooo confusing. I just want to clean up my credit. Not really interested in anymore CC, loans or even a new car. I have a house and the car (2004) I drive is paid off. Both notes are/were under my husbands name but my name is on the deed and title of both.

It can be very confusing. Smiley Happy Inquires in the last six months hold the most weight. That does not mean older ones irrelavent unless they are 12+ months old.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.