Established Member
typist

Two-Part Question (one about judgements and the other about balances)

I have a judgement that will be 7 years old on October 1st.  After 7 years it drops off your record, right?

So how much sould my score increase once that happens?

the second question is, is it better to have 10 cards, 5 with no balances and 5 with balances of 50% or more.

Or is it better to have 10 cards, and all 10 having balances of 33% to 50%
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Two-Part Question (one about judgements and the other about balances)

typist wrote:
I have a judgement that will be 7 years old on October 1st.  After 7 years it drops off your record, right?

So how much sould my score increase once that happens?

the second question is, is it better to have 10 cards, 5 with no balances and 5 with balances of 50% or more.

Or is it better to have 10 cards, and all 10 having balances of 33% to 50%

1.) judgments stay on your reports for seven years from the date they're filed.

2.) scores probably won't increase much

3.) as for the CCs the later would be better. it's best to have the fewest number of CCs reporting over 50% util.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}